Chapter 70. He isn't that bad

I was feeling like a corpse, just like my roommates. And all the other students who were in the same situation. My limbs were aching, and I was sure I had broken my back while trying to impress Priyaank.

Oh well, can't help it. He was just so sweet and kind, unlike someone I knew.

Priyaank was like an angel while Ved was like a devil. No, Ved was a devil. I knew if it hadn't been for Ved, I wouldn't be here in the first place, but he was a headache to be honest. He always did something which would blow me off and make a bad impression on my crush.

Keeping the curse words was a struggle in itself, but because of Ved, I had to control my punches too. I really wanted to beat him up for that, but I knew I would be only wishing death upon myself by doing so.

Moreover, I was getting the same dream again and again. The same young boy sitting in a black room while crying and calling out my name. But last night, one more boy around his age joined him.

The other one didn't say anything, just sat beside the other boy who was crying. I tried to see their faces clearly, but couldn't. It felt like there was a blurred barrier between us, and I was unable to cross it.

"Sandhya, yaar. I feel like I will die," Surbhi whined and rolled beside me on the bed.

"Same here, girl. My body has given up," I replied and glanced at our roommate who was also lying on her bed, her face contorted due to pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, and she shook her head.

"I will kill Mayank for torturing us." Surbhi punched the air, but soon winced as the pain jolted through her arm.

I started laughing which made the muscles in my stomach ache. I had to control it before I damaged myself more. Our roommate grudgingly got up from her bed and went into the bathroom to take a bath.

Yesterday was amazing, but really tiring too. We overworked because of Mahek, and though my team had completed the task before 6 pm, Mayank saw what happened between me and that nuisance.

He was not happy with it as he was worried about his reputation in front of the Sarpanch and villagers-that's what he thought. So, as a punishment, he made my whole team work for one more hour to help another team which hadn't met the deadline.

I apologized to everyone, but my teammates were not angry with me. They didn't mind doing extra work as long as I took care of Mahek in my own way. Priyaank told me that he would do any amount of work to keep the 'leech' off of him.

That time, I laughed out loud at the nickname he gave to Mahek, and when I told the same to Surbhi and Parth, they also shared the same thoughts as me. Everyone was tired of her-she was worse than Farha.

"You can go now," our roomie announced as she exited the bathroom.

Surbhi and I started pushing each other and fighting over who would go first. Both of us wanted to have some extra minutes of relaxation, but when we realised that the clock was ticking, both of us ran into the washroom at the same time.

Since we were best friends and had been over to each other's places, we weren't shy with each other. We took a bath while making fun of random people and shared some gossips, not caring about anything else.

We got ready after about an hour and walked out of our room. We noticed other students who were complaining about some or another body part aching and how they wanted to rest more.

Surbhi and I giggled while talking about yesterday. I thought about telling her about my crush on Priyaank, but decided to do it later when I got fully sure of my feelings.