Chapter 6 Part 1 Alice's POV

Part 1 Alice’s POV

“Are you sure got the right directions?” Fey asked Hyde next to her who had been driving for almost 6 hours. We left at 6 in the morning since everyone wanted to reach Ohio before it gets dark.

“Yeah, I checked the map. See?” he threw the crumpled piece of paper to Fey’s lap.

Fey shook her head in disbelief at the state of the map was in. She diligently trying to un-wrinkle the paper and read the map herself.

2 minutes later, Hyde was once again disturbed by Fey.

“Hyde,” Fey’s voice didn’t sound too good. “This is the map to Michigan.”

“No way, I bought this from that travel kid at school hallway,” Hyde replied.

“You mean, Caleb? He NEVER travels. He got his map from his travel agents parents and it doesn’t mean he knows anything about travelling,” Fey was starting to get irritated.

I was surprised how well Red could sleep while these two were arguing. I didn’t bother to stop them, too in deep thinking how Aly was with her family. Was she eating well? Was she fighting with them or did they reconcile? Knowing Aly, I doubted the second option.

Hyde had opened his car roof so we could felt the summer breeze. Aly and I could have been at the beach today, swimming, playing and kissing but we were not together now. I started to get tears at the corner of my eyes.

“Alice, you okay?” the awake Red asked me, resting a hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m good,” I wiped away the tears.

“We’ll find her,” she assured with a smile. Why couldn’t my friends be as supportive as Aly’s friends? During cheerleading practice, everyone was forced by the coach to work with me. They were afraid they’ll be a lesbian if they touch me while the boys... You know how boys are. They think it’s hot. 

Then, from the corner of my eye, it was the sign we all wanted to see.

WELCOME TO OHIO

“We’re here!” I shouted abruptly.

“I told ya I’ll get us here,” Hyde fumed with pride.

“Whatever. I bet you didn’t even follow the map,” Fey glanced at the big blue sign.

“What are we waiting for?” Red said all hyped up.

“Let’s go!” Hyde drove on faster.

We passed through a farm area, then the town and finally the place where Aly should be at. Hyde actually remembers the directions but I really don’t know why he lied about the map. I mean, Fey is not stupid to fall for a trick. Or could it be that...? Impossible. Now, I should be thinking of what I should said when I meet Aly. What if we ran into her parents? Or that she was locked up inside her house like Rapunzel in the tower?

“Here we are,” Hyde parked a distance where a large Beige Victorian house stood. There was somebody going out of the house, escorted by men in black suits.

“That’s Michael Simmons, future Governor of Ohio,” he said, “and his bodyguards.”

“Sheesh, it’s not like his the President of the United States of America,” Fey scowled.

“Is Alice in there?” Red asked.

“Should be. I doubt she’s allowed to leave the house without her mother supervision. That other car, Volvo is at the garage,” we noted the black car, “So, she’s home.”

“Woah, you know so much about Aly’s family,” Fey opined.

“Years of stalking her finally paid off,” he said and we hid ourselves when Michael Simmons’ car passed us and came back up.

“Alright, let’s go guys,” Fey went out the car slowly and carefully.

“What are you doing?” Red asked.

“We’re rescuing Aly,” Hyde answered instead.

I was already halfway to the house, jumping in and out of bushes and lamp posts. I think the rest was surprised to see me doing this since they didn’t move from 4 minutes looking at me with shocked expressions on their faces. I had to call them to wake them up from daze.

“I’ll check the kitchen door, you guys try to find any unlock windows,” I instructed them which they gladly accepted and moved out.

Fortunately for me, first try for me was a piece of cake because someone had left the door unlocked. I tried to look for any sign for anyone. I pulled myself back into the kitchen when I saw a woman walking down to the next room with a book at hand. She was engrossed in her reading she didn’t notice me.

Once she went into the next room, I tiptoed around the house at the first ground and opened the front door to let the others in. I went upstairs silently once everyone was in after telling them there was somebody else downstairs at one of the rooms.

“Stop!” a male voice came from a room. I stopped myself from moving an inch. “Aly!” My heart skipped a beat when he mentioned Aly’s name and in angry tone too.

“So she was here,” I thought, worried who this man was shouting at my girlfriend. I’ll beat a crap out of him if he hurt Aly.

I ran quickly and opened the door and saw a sight I’ll never forget. Aly was unconscious and was in a young man’s arms who was surprised to see me.

“You bastard!” I charged at him but was stopped from behind by Hyde.

“Hyde?

“Tyler?” Hyde finally let me go.

“Aly!” Fey, Red and I were scrambling to Aly’s side. The man let her go and fell into the girls’ laps. I picked myself up and kicked him where it hurts the most and that made him let out a howl of pain.