Chapter 4 Part 1

"Why were you absent yesterday?" I asked Fey who was missing the other day.

"I woke up late, it was like 2 pm when I got out of the bed," Fey leaned her chair on one leg, balancing it.

"Did you tell her, Aly?" Red voiced out while flipping the page of her new book.

"Tell me what?" Now, Fey was balancing a book on the tip of her finger making her looked like one of those trained dolphins balancing a ball.

"Oh, oh yea, Alice and I..." I minimised my volume.

"You and Alice what?" Fey asked again, she was still balancing on the chair.

"We're..."

"Dude, you better spit out before I throw this book on your face," she said in a serious tone.

"We're a couple." That did it. The whole foundation just fell on the ground and Fey ended on the floor with the book on top of her.

"YOU AND ALICE ARE TOGETHER?????"

Everyone in the class stopped what they were doing and looked at us in disbelief. The angered Hyde was now leaving the class while mumbling curses along the way out.

"Yea," I quietly answered, avoiding people gazes.

As always, the news spread like wildfire in school and Alice had difficulties conversing with her friends in the team.

"I'm really sorryyy!" I apologized for not shutting Fey's mouth when I had the chance.

"It's fine, actually, besides I'm happy about it," the calm Alice said.

"Eh?" Fey was dumbfounded by her bold proclamation while Alice and I were smiling like idiots at the hallway.

"Congratulations, guys!" she came over and hugged us both, getting too emotional. "Or should I say, girls?" She started to cry. "Tears of joy, these are tears of joy."

"Aww, Red," I patted her back. For the rest of the day, all four of us went out for a late lunch at a sushi restaurant and watched a movie. I was happy that Alice was getting along well with Fey and especially with Red since Red was more than welcoming, she was just like a mother who just met her son's (in this case, daughter's) future wife. XD

After sending off Red and Fey home, we decided to go Central Perk Park for a night walk under the moonlight. It was almost 11pm so there weren't many sights of people around there.

"Not bad for a first date with chaperones, huh?" I asked. We were both linking arms to one another. Ignoring unwanted looks from passersby.

"If you consider that our first date, it was more like a second date with chaperones to me," she smiled gracefully. "Then, it was not bad. Better than the first." Her body moved a little closer to mine.

"Yeah. Are you cold?"

"A little," she tilted her head in a way, I could only describe as cute! >///

"Here use mine," I took off my jacket and kept it on her before she could protest.

"You always wear this jacket almost every day in school," she lifted the piece of clothing, observing it.

"It was one of the last presents my parents gave to me before I left home," I shrugged. After my parents found out about my 'situation', they wanted to send me to a boarding school but I think they imagined visions of me 'playing' around in the girls' dorms and they dropped the boarding school topic from then on. So, I made a deal with them, I get to choose which high school I would be going and I would be living alone as long I was far away from them. In return, I won't be popping my head into the any family's gatherings or publicly display my sexual orientation to anyone. So, no facebook for me.