Cheer on!

~ It was a warm spring day in Orinda, California. All girls were eagerly waiting as their trials for the cheer team were about to come. Some of them had their trials a day ago...
Five were left.
All five were in the team last year too.

1. MK - she loved playing pranks on others, she was playful but could get aggressive (not that much tho).

2. BD - got good grades, but wasn't pretty nor popular. Came from a poor family. Always wanted to be friends with KC (description below!)

3. DD - captain of her school soccer team. Was greedy and mean to people of the so-called 'lower class/standards'.

4. JT - The rockstar of her school, was part of the school band. Was part of the popular group in her school.

5. KC - most friendly, popular and pretty girl not only in school but in the entire neighborhood. Came from a pretty rich family. Was never greedy nor mean. Had loving parents. Everyone adored her.
But she had no clue what she was going to witness in the next 2-3 weeks...

*CHEER TEAM TRIALS*

KC PoV:-

"KC your up!" I heard one of the judges call me in. "Best of luck KC!!!" I heard 4-5 people say at once. "Thanks!" I shouted back to them all.

I glanced towards the window to see a group of people giving me a thumbs up as I entered the room.

"Ready?" Asked one of the 3 judges.
"Yup" I replied enthusiastically. But I was nervous. I just wanted to be in the cheer team again.

*AFTER TRIALS*

"OMGGG! I can't wait for the results!" said MK.
"Well, it's not such a big deal!" said JT.
"Ya, well it's not such a big deal for YOU, considering that your in the band!" retorted DD.
"Hey! Your the cap of the soccer team, so back off!"
"Well, I just hope we come back together in the same group like last semester." said BD.
"Well" started DD, "stay within your limits you- AHHHH"

I turned around to see a skeleton in front of DD's face. That's when I saw MK holding the skeleton up. I suppressed a smile and shook my head. Typical MK.
She must've done it while DD was arguing with JT.

"OMG! MK you are SO DEAD!!!!!" DD screeched.

We all laughed.

*RESULT DAY*

I literally stopped by at the church to pray that I get selected.

When I reached I ran towards the cheer team result chart and hoped my name was there along with all of the names of my friends!

I was so happy to be the leader again!Though, I bet I saw DD glaring at me! But, as I realized something I turned around to see a sad looking BD sitting on one of the benches

Though, I bet I saw DD glaring at me!
But, as I realized something I turned around to see a sad looking BD sitting on one of the benches.
I went to cheer her up.

*Suspect 1: MK*

As I walked towards BD I saw something weird happen. MK and DD were talking! Nicely!
Like, since when?!

That's when the weirdest thing happened.
MK smirked at me!
WTH was goin' on?

Now what was the prank?!?!?!

*Suspect 2: BD*

"Heya BD! Wassup'?" I said as I sat next to her. She stayed quiet as she looked at the floor. "Um, hello?!"
"KC can you just please leave me alone right now." She finally said.
"But, hey! It's okay! You can be back in the team next semester, right?"
"Yea, whatever... Easy for you to say Richie Rich!"
"Hey, what's gotten into you?" I complained.
"I hate you! So you know what, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" she practically shouted on my face, making everyone stare and laugh at her.

She gave me a death stare and turned.With that she walked away.

*Suspect 3: DD*

"Hey you there!" I heard a voice shout from behind me - it was DD.

Why right now?!?!

"Yo wassup DD?" I said acting casual.
"What's up? The fact that I'm so mad at you right now I can't even-" she stopped herself from saying anything else.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.
"No! And I won't be until I AM THE LEADER!"
"I am so sorry DD but I didn't expect this to happen..."
"Of course you did! Your parents must've offered the school authorities a higher price than my dad had!"
"Wait, your dad tried to bribe the school authorities?!?!?!"

"Ugh! I have to go right now and complain to my parents! This is ridiculous!" She screamed as she walked away; completely ignoring the last question.

Well, that was close! I told myself.

*Suspect 4: JT*

"Congrats KC on becoming our leader - again" said a perky voice. I turned around just in time. JT!

"Well, congrats to you too for making it to the team!" I said.
"Ya well, whatever. But don't be surprised if you end up falling instead of rising!" she said as she left.

What's going on today!

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

Today is Saturday.

I have no idea what to do!

Two weeks ago all my friends:-
MK, BD, DD & JT; were acting strange.

Now, all of them have invited me to something or the other.

*NEXT DAY*
*MORNING NEWSPAPER*
*FRONT PAGE*

'17 year old girl, KC, was killed in front of her house. Autopsy shows that she was stabbed repeatedly. This shows how out of control her killer was. This case is still undergoing investigation.'

+_________------------*------------__________+

So, who was it this time?
Make sure to comment.

I know it's not exactly interactive but this particular case was such that I didn't know how to write it.

The killer is to be revealed in the next chapter.
I will be giving an entire chapter for telling the real story because I think this case deserves it.

Hope you enjoyed reading it. If yes, don't forget to vote.

Oh yes, and thank you guys so much for your love and support ❤️

Word count: 981 words.