"But I've never drove and drank at the same time before,"

"That's why I'm hoping as a first time offender for drink driving and any crime the judge will let you off with a minor consequence,"

"I just I can't have prison on my record-"

"Ashley calm down," Lilliana sighed, placing her hands on top of mine. I looked into her eyes.

"I haven't lost a single case since I started working with law and I'm not going to lose this one okay? I can't get everything cleared off because that's unrealistic but I'll be able to minimise the penalty," she reassured.

"I'm just scared I guess," I spoke honestly.

"You're allowed to be Ashley but know you're in safe hands with me,"

"Imagine what I would've done if Rochelle didn't meet your dad," I sighed.

"You probably would be in jail as we speak," we both laughed.

"Thank you for doing this Lilliana I know you've probably got more important-"

"It's okay Ash," she reassured squeezing my hands. I hadn't realised she'd been holding them this whole time.

"I just I feel like I owe you now,"

"We haven't won the case yet but when we do I'll let you know when I need something from you,"

"Promise? Because I know you're one of those people that do nice things for people and don't want anything in return," she laughed. I watched as her lips curved into a goofy smile.

"I'll even pinky promise if you need a proper promise." She stuck out her pinky which I noticed had a small silver ring on it. I intertwined our pinkies. Maybe she had a girlfriend? Like it's a promise ring?

I watched as Lilliana walked with Zoe towards me and Kellina. Kellina was hunched over the table sleeping.

"Surely her first exam didn't go that bad," Zoe laughed, making her way over to her.

"I think it did." I laughed.

"Hi," Lilliana smiled.

"Hi,"

"How'd your exam go?"

"Alright," I smiled nervously. I could hear Zoe and Kellina in conversation.

"How'd the case go you had the other day?" I asked. I watched a smile form on her lips.

"Won of course the company got sued and my client got their money's worth,"

"You really know what you're doing huh,"

"Of course you'd know first hand,"

"She'd know what?" Kellina asked butting in our conversation.

"Uh Nothing," Lilliana smiled, moving awkwardly. Kellinas eyes darted to me looking for an answer.

"How nice it is here,"

"Didn't you say a couple days ago you were thinking of relocating?" Zoe asked. I felt heat rise to my face. It was hard enough keeping my fine and Lilliana a secret without her here imagine her being here every single day.

"I haven't decided yet because I'm still busy travelling,"

"When's your next case?" I asked.

"A couple of days in Miami,"

"That's a fair way to go," Kellina notes.

"Works work I guess and if I have to be somewhere no matter the time or place I'll be there," Lilliana smiled looking at me. I knew she was referencing to when I called her at like 3am to bail my ass out of jail.

"Anyway I'm down for some ice cream if you guys are?" Kellina suggested getting up from the bench.

"Only if we don't share this time I want my own," I heard Zoe which made me laugh.

"I actually have to run some papers off to my dad," Lilliana sighed.

"Oh I can take you first then we can get ice cream?"

"Oh no I'll walk it's okay,"

"Are you sure-"

"I'll take her," I found myself saying which I instantly regretted it after.

"Alright Zoe looks like it's a date. See you'd later," Kellina waved us off before walking hand in hand away from us. I stared at them until I felt her budge my arm.

"Are we going or?"

"Uh yeah let's go," I mumbled grabbing my car keys. This was going to be an interesting ride.