Chapter 4

(A/n): that's your pet btw^^
========================
(Y/n)'s POV:

"Please, don't send us back home!" Korra said as she pleadingly looked into Tenzin's eyes. "You blatantly disobeyed my wishes and the orders of the white lotus." Tenzin said sternly. "And you, (Y/n), you're supposed to be training to be the next Fire Lord. You shouldn't be running around acting like a lunatic with your cousin." Tenzin said with disappoint in his eyes. I just looked down. What I did was pretty selfish on my part, I just abandoned everyone. "Katara agreed with me that I should come. She said my destiny is in Republic City!" Korra said while moving her hands around.

"Don't bring my mother into this!" Said Tenzin angrily as he turned bright red. "You look like a tomato, Tenzin!" I said and chuckled to myself. He just gave me a death stare. "Look, I can't wait any longer to finish my training. Being cooped up and hidden away from
The world isn't helping me become a better Avatar, and (Y/n) being cooped up doesn't help her learn to be a better Fire Lord." I looked at Tenzin and nodded. Korra may be an impulsive mess sometimes, but she sure has a war with words. I admire that about her.

I saw a lot of the city today and...it's totally out of wack. I understand now why you need to stay. Republic City does need you, but it needs me too. "You- ugh." Tenzin sighed in defeat. He knows that Korra is right. All of a sudden, a guy wearing a uniform and messy brown hair walks in.

"Is this your polar bear dog and your Panther Tiger misses?" Said the clearly annoyed worker. Naga suddenly licks the poor guys hair, making it look even worse than before.

~~~~~~Le Time Skip~~~~~~~~~

On the boat ride, a small hit of nostalgia consumed me. A small gust of wind blew through my hair, as I looked up to the massive statue of Aang. I took in a sharp breath. I've never been to republic city before. As long as I could remember, I was stuck in the castle learning to be the perfect Fire Lord.

====FLASH BACK=========

(7 years ago, when I was 10)

It was a beautiful sunny day. There wasn't a cloud in sight, and the sky was a beautiful bright shade of blue. I ran to my window to get a better look of the beautiful day. "Hey guys, lets play four square!" Yelled one of the kids in the court yard. The people who worked at our castle's kids are allowed to play on the courtyard while their parents work. I envy them. I've always wished to be a normal girl, a girl that didn't have to worry about what people thought about me. A girl that didn't have to be perfect. A girl that could just be her self.

One of the kids caught me watching them and waved at me. "Hey, Princess! Want to come down and play with us?" Said a boy my age. He was missing one of his teeth, and his black hair was super messy. I hesitantly waved back. No one really talks to me outside my family and the people who work at the palace. "I'll go ask my parents!" I said cheerfully.

"This could be it, this could be the day I finally get to hang out with kids my age!" I said my thoughts out loud while running around. As I make my way to go ask the question I've been wanting to forever, I hear a knock on my door.

"Miss (Y/n), it's time for your lessons on how to approach hostile people that may wish you harm." Said my tutor, Salfene. I sighed. 'She always comes at the worst moments' I thought in my head as I walked over to my desk. '0h well, maybe tomorrow.' I thought and sat down next to Salfene.

That "maybe tomorrow" was everyday since.

=======FLASH BACK END=====================

Members of the White Lotus were waiting on Korra to arrive. We both sighed. Soon, people will be sent here looking for me. Suddenly, Tenzin's kids swooped by on the air gliders to meet us. I stumbled and almost fell on the ground into the cement as the kids group-hugged me and Korra. "(Y/n), Korra!" They said in unison.

"Are you guys coming to live with us in the island?" Said Ikki as she smiled hopefully. "No, I'm sorry Ikki, I have to go home now. Said Korra with remorse in her voice. "Awww!" Said the kids in unison. "What about you, (Y/n)?" Said Ikki as she turned to me. "I'm sure people will be coming very soon to pick me up. I'm so sorry." I said and frowned.

Tenzin frowned as Korra walked away to go back home. "We'll take you back to your castle on the way, Princess (Y/n)." Said one of the guards. "WAIT!" Said Tenzin as he walked forward. "I have done my best to guide Republic City towards the dream my father had for it. But you are right, it has fallen out of balance since he passed." I looked down at my shoes and silently payed my respects for Aang.

"I thought I should put off your training in order to uphold his legacy." Tenzin suddenly puts his arm onto Korra's shoulder. "But you, are his legacy." He says as Korra's face fills with surprise. "And you, (Y/n) are destined to help Korra achieve her and your destiny." He says and puts his hand on your shoulder as well.

"You may stay and train air bending here with me." He said as Korra loudly gasped and smiled. "You as well, (Y/n). You may stay to train with your water and fire bending, and to help Korra. I smiled ear to ear. "Republic City needs its avatar once again.

"Yes! Thank you! You're the best!" Said Korra as she jumped around like a toddler. "You won't regret it!" I said and joined her. Tenzin's kids start to cheer too. Me and Korra ran over to them smiling like crazy. Korra picks everyone up for a huge group hug. I look over at Tenzin and chuckle. He's definitely not enjoying it. Naga and (P/N) join in too. Tenzin just sighs. 'This is gonna be a longggg adventure.' I thought to myself.

======TIME SKIP==========

Me and Korra are standing in front of a huge crowd, with flashing cameras and press screaming questions. "Hello, I'm Korra, and this is the future Fire Lord." I waved shyly and awkwardly smiled. 'There is no way in hell my parents aren't gonna be able to find me after this.' I thought to myself and sighed.

Korra looked at me with a panicked look in her face. "Take a deep breath and relax." I mouthed to her in effort to calm her down. She took a deep breath. "I'm your new avatar!" She announced as the crowd went wild.

"Does this mean you and the Princess are moving to Republic City?" Said one of the reporters. "Were you and the Princess trying to send a message to the Triads yesterday?" Said another. "Will you be fighting crime or the anti bending revolution, or both?" Said the third one. "Why isn't the Princess getting ready to be Fire Lord in her Palace?" Said the fourth. "Will you be working with chief Beifong and the Police?" Said the fifth.

Korra looked dumbstruck. "Uhhh...yes, we are both definitely here to stay-" I give her a small glare. She exposed me to the reporters, so I doubt it won't be long until my parents or someone my parents send come to get me.

"But, honestly I don't exactly have a...plan...yet. See I'm still in training, but, look. All I know is that Avatar Aang meant for this city to be the center of peace and balance on the world, and, I believe we can make his dream a reality." She looks over at me, and I reassure her by nodding.

"Me and the Princess look forward to serving you!" She says and puts her arm into the air. Cameras flash everywhere, and the crowd cheers like crazy. I smile at Korra and give her a thumbs up, and she smiles back.

=====somewhere else========
(No one's POV)
"Ammon, how do you want to handle this?" Said a man with weird goggles
"So, the avatar has arrived early, and she brought the Princess. It looks like we'll have to accelerate our plans." The man the goggle man referred to as Ammon says as he turns to face him.