Matt Espinosa

QOTD- how did you find my imagine books?

Tell me if you guys on the app can see this! I don't know what happened with the other one

______________________

The last bell finally rang, releasing you from hell, aka school. You quickly packed up your things before exiting the classroom and walking to your locker. After shoving all your unneeded books into your locker, you slam the door shut and lock it. You turn around and head for the exit, happy that the weekend has finally come.

You hum as you walk towards your car. Your happy mood quickly turns sour once you see who's waiting for you on the hood of your car.

The one and only Matthew Espinosa.

You debate whether to turn around and run back inside but it's too late. He already saw you. "Y/n! I've been waiting for you," he shouts. You sigh and walk over to your car.

"Get off my car," you say, letting a hint of frustration seep into your voice. He quickly complies but he doesn't get the hidden message, to leave you alone.

As you open the door to your car he starts to speak once again. "Y/n, wait!" He says, grabbing your wrist. You yank your hand out of his grasp before turning around to face him.

"What! What do you want, Matt!" You all but shout. He looks taken aback but covers it up. He shoves his hands in his pockets and looks down at the ground.

"W-why are you avoiding me?" Vulnerability seeps into his voice and you almost feel bad. Almost.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe it's because you've been cheating on me!" You bitterly reply. You don't wait for his response before climbing into your car and speeding out of the parking lot. You get home before you let yourself break. You sit in the warmth of your car and cry until you can't cry anymore.

With your bag and keys in hand, you walk to the park close to your house. The cold autumn wind nips at your exposed skin but it feels nice. You walk over to your favorite tree and sit down. The red and orange leaves cover the ground, making the dull almost dead grass look just a little better.

You put your arms around yourself, trying to save body heat. Suddenly a warm coat is put on your shoulders, startling you. You don't even have to look up to know it's Matt. He takes a seat next to you while you wrap the coat around your shivering body.

"I'm sorry," he says, breaking the silence. You nod your head but don't say anything, signaling that you haven't forgiven him yet. "I'm not going to make up some crappy excuse because nothing can excuse what I did. All I can say is I'm sorry. We don't have to get back together but I just need you to forgive me," he pleads.

"Matt, I don't know that I can do that. I mean you cheated on me with my best friend and now? Now I have nobody. You knew coming into my life that I didn't trust just anybody. Now here we are, you throwing away my trust. You know what the worst thing of it all is? I actually thought that I loved you. But you just proved to me that you didn't feel the same," you explain. A lump forms in the back of your throat, making it hard to say what you want to next. "I don't know why you did it but you did and that's all that matters to me. Goodbye Matt," you say through a watery smile. You get up and grab your things before slowly walking away. You look back and see him watching you leave. You quickly turn around and force yourself not to look back again.