Shadows in memories

Patiently, you  waited for everyone to settle in for the day before mumbling some vague but surprisingly effective excuse to why you had to leave. You ended up outside Jungkook's office wondering for the second time that week if it was a good idea to disturb him. He didn't like you anymore than Jimin did, you cursed yourself for not bringing back up. Deciding that this couldn't wait,  you knocked.

"Come in."

He was seated at this desk writing on post-it-notes, his handwriting was surprisingly neat, which was something you didn't think you would associate him with. He finally looked up at you smiling slightly, his eyes were big, brown, his hair a chestnut shade that hung just above his eyes, a tiny bit if forehead still peaked through making him seem far more innocent than he was. There was a massive disconnect between his face and the rest of his body.Yes, he was slender but you couldn't miss the unmistakable bulge of his muscles under his simple all black suit. You had thought Yoongi and Jimin were excessive with their piercings, Jungkook had 9 holes filled with tiny silver hoops. Then there was his tattoos, you saw glimpses off them whenever he had discarded his suit jacks and had rolled up his sleeves. He didn't make sense to you. You didn't know what to expect.

You had heard the women at the office describe him as shy, although shy wasn't the right word, it was more that he treaded cautiously, but then he was known to goof off with Jimin and Taehyung, the trio liked to cause problems for the older managers. You remembered seeing him smile for the first time, you were saw drawn in by his innocent yet radiant smile, you had ended up printing out more copies of a document that you needed drying out the the printer of any ink. That was why you had to know why he had changed from the sweet Jungkook to this distant cold Jungkook.

"A-Ah Mr Jeon." You started all of a sudden incredibly nervous. "I just wanted a word."

"Sure, what about?" He watched you all ears, slightly puzzled at why you opted to call him Jeon despite the fact that he had introduced himself with his first name.When you didn't speak straight away he frowned slightly. "You aren't seriously scared of me I wouldn't hurt you-" He started obliviously

"Sir..?" You trailed off in disbelief.

"What's the matter?" He pushed again.

"I err... you don't trust me and I-I want to know why?" You managed at last.

"Do you blame me? We don't know who you are."

You told him that you knew that wasn't it and you insisted if he had something to tell you he should say so now, you didn't want to have a difficult relationship with him. Secretly you hated being disliked, it caused you so much anxiety and distress. When you were younger you would go to great lengths to ensure that everyone liked you, you wanted to be loved. You wanted to feel like you belonged because deep inside you felt slightly removed and alone. As you spoke the blinds closed by themselves and his eyes briefly became a pulsing Burgundy. He leaned back in his chair looking thoughtful.

"I am sure you know that we are all deeply attracted to you"

You nodded slowly, trying to stop the heat entering your cheeks again, aware that you seemed arrogant.

"Can you see why it might be an issue when you sole motivation for finding out who you are is him."

You stopped in your tracks...him?

"I don't think I understand...." you trailed off

"You want to be with big brother right? That's what all this is about...so you can be with Jin. Where does that leave us? It isn't fair on us..."

Was this the reason he was so cold with you? You couldn't believe him, when you looked him in the eyes it didn't feel like that at all. There had to be more to this...