Chapter One - Greendale

Start from the beginning

"Easy for you to say, you're gorgeous plus everyone ALWAYS likes you." I said while throwing myself on my bed. It's true, Ken is literally a doll. She is tall as heck and pretty as heck, she could really be a model.

"You're gorgeous too sis-" Her sentence was cut short by a knock on my door and my mom stepping in.

"Hey girls, dinner is ready." My mom said and stepped out. My sister and I made our way down too. I sat down at the table and smiled as my mom put a plate in front of me. Ken sat across from me, she hurriedly dug into her plate of food.

"Luce, guess who I was just talking to?" My dad asked happily as he took a bite from the meal my mom made. Father Blackwood, of course.

"Who?" I lazily asked. Ken kicked me under the table, as if saying 'be nicer'. Ken always made sure I knew how lucky I was that my real family loved me. I mean, we are her real family but still.

"Father Blackwood! He is so excited that you are joining the academy. He told me he's sending one of his best students over to escort you to the school." My father shared happily as my mother clapped loudly. I looked over at Ken who was smiling widely, she looked me over and kicked me again. Cringing I answered:

"Why would I need an escort? I could just walk dad."  Trying to sound happy but I'm sure he knew I was not. My dad eyed me carefully and pulled a tight smile, he wants me to be the best witch in the family but I just don't feel it.

"Honey the academy is hidden, you need someone to take you there on your first day, nothing else." My mom answered me as I nodded slowly sulking in my chair... The rest of dinner consisted of Kennedy gushing about her excitement and all she read about Greendale. Excusing myself, I made my way upstairs back to my room.

What's wrong Lucresia? My familiar asked as she hopped up to my bed.

"I'm just not that excited about the academy, Sommer." Sighing I cuddled into my bedsheets.

It's okay, you have me! My familiar stated as I smiled and slowly drifted to sleep.

The Next Morning

"LUCRESIA!" My eyes shot open as I looked around and saw Ken strutting into my room already dressed in a cute dress and some boots. I closed my eyes and rolled away from her.

"Luce if you don't wake up dad told me he was going to come over and curse your day." My sister joked and laughed as she entered my closet and picked my outfit. I rolled my eyes and sat up on the bed.

"Get up, your escort will be here in like 10 minutes so get ready and GO! Mom already packed your suitcase, it's downstairs." My sister said as she dropped my outfit in the bathroom and left my room.

I rolled my eyes thinking about staying all week on that school, and only going home on the weekends. I stood up and went over to the bathroom putting on the outfit Ken put together.

 I stood up and went over to the bathroom putting on the outfit Ken put together

I walked over to my mirror and smiled, my sister knows me so well. She almost always put my outfits together, not living with her was definitely going to take a toll on my fashion style. I let my hair down as it always is and smiled at the mirror.

I can not believe you aren't taking me to the academy. My familiar snapped as I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"You know I would but if I take you, I'll be perceived as weak. I'm sorry I'll see you Saturday." Assuring my bunny I grabbed my small bag exiting my room and going down the stairs. I entered the kitchen where my sister was making herself a smoothie and my mom was making me a sandwich.

"Honey, your escort will probably be here in minutes!" My mom exclaimed as she saw me, the doorbell ringing right after her mouth closed. Ken smiled excitedly as she rushed over to open the door. I rushed over to hug my mom goodbye.

"I'll miss you mommy." I said softly hugging her, my mom squeezed me and smiled pulling away.

"I know sweetie, see you in a week." She pinched my cheek. Smiling I left the kitchen without eating. great. I approached the door where my sister and my dad were standing next a young man. They looked at me as the boy smiled, stepping forward.

"Nicholas Scratch at your service." He stated and reached his hand out. I gave him my hand and he kissed it. Okay weird.

What is going on?

***

Hey hello! It is me, your author. Well they finally met yyyyayyy, i am so stoked to be writing this not gonna lie. Im gonna try to update as quick as possible so be ready.

Thanks for reading! x