20

After Simon left the library with Alec and Magnus he asked them to wait by the elevator saying there was one last thing he needed to do before he went back to Alicante. They shrugged and left him. It amazed him how they did almost everything in sync. He made his way through the institute to one of the more familiar bedrooms and knocked on. Isabelle opened the door. Her raven hair was open and lay across her shoulders. A few stray strands fell across her face and Simon resisted the urge to push them away. She wore a red, off the shoulder crop top and some plain black joggers. The red top made her eyes stand out and her hair look even darker than it already was. The sight of her made Simon catch his breath.
"Hey," She said leaning against the doorframe. She hadn't come to the library and this was the first he had seen her in about a month.
"I thought you were going back to Idris straight after you told Clary." There was a questioning look in her eyes.
"I am, I just needed to talk to you first."
She cocked an eyebrow, "What's up?"
"You know my ascension is next week right?"
"I might have heard something like that."
"Well I was wondering if you would like to join me - like go with me, like as a date, as my date?"
"What, None of your groupies were available?" She asked him mockingly but her eyes told a different story.
"You know my band sucks and has like, zero groupies! Seriously though," his eyes darkened. "I want to take you, well escort you." She tried to look as thought she was making a decision but as soon as he'd asked she'd already had her answer.
"Wear something navy blue, either a tie or your jacket." She leaned forward and quickly kissed his cheek before closing the door in his face.
He stood there blinking for a few moments, registering what had just happened. Then he turned on the spot and smiling to himself, he walked back to Alec and Magnus who were waiting by the elevator.
"Ready to go now?"
"Yeah." And they left together.