12

Jace looked at his clock. He'd fallen asleep waiting for Clary. It was 3 a.m. He got out of bed and went to her room to see why she hadn't come back yet. When he turned to her door he could see the light beneath the crack. He knocked on and opened the door to see Isabelle tied up, lay on the floor, unconscious.
"Izzy," he shouted and ran to her. He untied her and drew and Iratze on her arm with his stele. He pulled her on to his lap and called her name.
"Isabelle, can you hear me? Iz wake up." He begged and called for her to wake up. Eventually she stirred. She winced when she opened her eyes.
"Iz thank god!" Breathed Jace, pulling her close to hug her tight. "What happened?"
Isabelle sat up. "I came in here to borrow something from Clary and when I opened the door someone hit me over the head and knocked me out. I don't remember anything after that." She rubbed her temples.
"Clary! Where's Clary?"
"I don't know, I was unconscious."
"Yeah I know that!"
"Try tracking her!" Suggested Isabelle.
Jace ran to her bedside table and picked up a ring. He held it in his hand and drew a tracking rune.
"Nothing, I can't find her!"
"Call Magnus and Alec tell them to get over here."
He called Magnus's apartment. They had to call three times before anyone picked up.
"It's three in the morning." Croaked a voice on the other end of the line. "This better be good."
"Clary's Gone missing!"
"What? How? Why? Oh never mind. We'll be there in 10!" He replied cutting the call. Jace turned to Isabelle. His heart was pounding.
"Simon! Call Simon."
"Good idea," she dialed Simon's numbed.
"Hello?"
"Simon it's me Isabelle. Jace needs to speak to you."
"Simon, have you spoken to Clary?"
"Yeah I did earlier today."
"What did she say?"
"She said she was going to break up with Sebastian."
"No I saw her after that!"
"Why? Has something happened?"
"She's gone missing."
"I haven't spoke to her. Have you tried calling her?!"
"No, listen we will keep you updated just let us know if you hear anything."
"I will."
Jace put the phone down and tried ringing Clary's phone. He heard a buzzing and scanned the room.
"Her phone is over there. No use calling." He turned to Izzy, "Get your gear on and meet me in the library in 10!"
She nodded and left the room.
Jace picked up Clary's stele and phone that'd been discarded on the floor and shoved them in his pocket. He went back to his room and quickly put on his own gear and then ran down to the Library. He tried to track her again but nothing came up. He was panicking more and more now. Izzy appeared at the doorway looking flushed with Alec and Magnus behind her.
"Ok what's going on?" asked Alec looking disheveled.
"Clary, she's gone." Jace's voice broke slightly. He knew she was well trained but he couldn't help but be afraid for her.
"Who was the last person to see her?"
"I was, she literally ran into me outside the institute. She twisted her ankle So I brought her up to my room to give her an itatze and get her cleaned up."
"Simon said he spoke to her today maybe we should call him again and ask what they spoke about?" Asked Izzy. Jace nodded numbly. Isabelle failed Simon's number and out the phone on loud speaker.
"Hey Simo-"
"Any news?" She asked cutting her off.
"No but we wanted to know what you spoke to her about, it might help us."
"She told me something about Sebastian, she was worried about him, well not worried about him but something about falling."
"Yeah! She told me about that too! I thought she'd just imagined it!"
"Have you tried tracking her?" Inquired Alec.
"Twice, nothing is coming up. Do you know why that could be Magnus?"
"Well there are usually four reasons when a person can't be tracked. Either they're on a body of water, they found a way to block tracking, although I doubt that has happened she has no reason to block people from tracking her, or she's in another dimension."
"That's only three." Whispered Simon
"Simon speak up, we can't hear you." Snapped Isabelle.
"That's only three, you said there were four! What's the fourth?"
Magnus hesitated before answering, he took a deep shuddering breath
"When a person is dead."
There was a silence around the room. The colour has drained from everyone's faces. Suddenly Jace's turned around and punched the wall.
"Jace!" Squealed Isabelle as she and Alec both ran to him. Alec whipped out his stele and applied an iratze.
"Wait," He cried, as if the pain had cleared his head and allowed him to think straight. "Sebastian! He burned Clary's wrists somehow!" He told them remembering their earlier argument.
"She said that when she broke up with him her grabbed her wrists, she didn't even realise it was burned."
"You mean, he did that with his bare hands? That's impossible!" Said Izzy incredulously.
"Well apparently not Iz." Said Simon.
"Do you think he's the one that took her?" She asked.
"I don't know but it's a possibility." Said Jace running a hand through his damp hair. Alec turned to Magnus.
"Magnus do you think you can track them? You're more powerful than our runes."
"I can try but if Jace didn't get anything I doubt I will. I'll need something of Clary's and something of Sebastian's if that's possible."
Jace handed him the ring he'd been holding reluctant to let it go.
Magnus gripped it between his hands and closed his eyes.
"I've got something! It's very faint but I might be able to use it to find her."
"Thank god!" Breathed Isabelle.
"It seems as though it's from a distance but it should lead us to her."
"Great! Let's get weapons and go."