5

Clary shut the door behind her as she left the institute.
"So, where are we going?"
"Well, it's our first date so I gotta make an impression!"
Clary laughed. "Yeah you do! Seriously though, where are we going?"
"Well I heard that you like art, so I'm gonna take you to the metropolitan museum."
Clary smiled, she couldn't help it.
"You've done research."
"Well of course I did, you're like, the prettiest shadowhunter I've ever seen, and I've seen Izzy who's crazy hot so that's saying something!"
She laughed out loud
"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or be offended that you described Izzy as crazy hot and me as pretty."
"No I'm serious, you're gorgeous."
"Thank you." She said, blushing.

The rest of the night flew by, they went to the art museum, then went to The Jade wolf for dinner.
After they'd eaten, Sebastian walked Clary back to the institute.
"So, how did I do?"
"Hmm, I'd give that a solid six out of ten."
"Wait, six, why?!"
"Because, I don't want you to get too cocky. Good night."
She said turning to open the door.
"Clary wait," he spun her around and pulled her towards him so fast she didn't even have time to react. Then he kissed her. He held her gently, his lips soft against hers. Once she'd gotten over the initial shock, she lent into him more and kissed him back. As soon as she did that she instantly regretted it. She felt as if she was falling into a never ending abyss. It was as though the whole world went dark and there would never be light again. The darkness was so profound it took over her. She quickly pulled away.
"Is something wrong? Was I too forward?"
"No, I er, I just, er, needed to breath. You knocked my breath away!" She joked elbowing him to direct away his suspicions.
"Well maybe on the next date I'll turn you around slowly so we can spend more time kissing." He said
"Who says there's even going to be another date?" She said winking at him.
Then she left him standing on the front step, staring after her.

Clary went straight upstairs, she could hear music coming from the music room so went to listen to Jace play, as she always had done, ever since she had first moved in, every time she heard him playing, she went to watch. He looked up at her as she walked in the room and stopped playing.
"Hey" she said.
"Hey, how was your date?"
"What?"
"Your date, With Sebastian."
"Oh, oh yeah erm yeah it was nice."
"Are you okay? You seem a little, distracted."
"I'm fine. No it was great, yeah. He took me to an art gallery and then we went to eat at the Jade wolf."
"Wow, he did his research."
"Yeah, so why are you still up?"
"Oh i erm, thought i would wait up for you, after last night, you know," he said, trailing off.
Clary felt a rush of affection for him.
"I think i'll be alright tonight, but thank you." she walked over to him and kissed his cheek, it felt soft and familiar under her lips.
"Good night." She said and walked out the room. She felt like kicking herself, why did she do that?
"What is wrong with me? Why am i so stupid?" she whispered to herself before realising that she was seeing someone now and shouldn't care what Jace thought, she should be more worried about that fact that she kissed Jace when she's with Sebastian. But that didn't stop her.
She opened her bedroom door and saw Izzy sitting on the bed.
"So how was it?"
"It was great, he took me to an art gallery an-"
"Oo, My idea!"
"And we ate at the Jade wolf."
"Also my idea! So you enjoyed yourself?"
"Well , I guess."
"You guess, what do you mean? That was like the perfect date."
"Yeah it was it's just that before I came back inside, he kissed me."
"Is that a bad thing?"
"Well no, not normally but when i kissed him back it felt like,"
"Like?"
She took a deep breath, "This is going to sound crazy but it just filled me with a darkness, it felt really wrong."
"Don't be silly, Maybe you were feeling a little tired." suggested Izzy.
"Yeah maybe." They sat in an awkward silence for a while.
"Right well I'll leave you with your thoughts and talk to you tomorrow."
"Okay, see you in the morning."