13

Clary woke up to see Jace standing in front of her. She felt a rush of relief so fierce she couldn't breath.
"Jace," she called hoarsely.
He took a step towards her and stroked her face with the tip of his fingernail.
"My sweet Clary." He pulled her in and kissed her hard on the mouth. She felt chains pulling at her wrist. They seemed to be burning her. She tried to pull away from him but he was too strong and she was too tied up to do much more. The pain on her wrists was agonising. When he released her he pushed her away from himself and laughed as she gasped for breath.
"What's wrong Fairchild? Can't handle a little one-on-one action. Seems you couldn't handle that with Sebastian either. Or should I call him Jonathan?" Her chest tightened. She had no idea what was going on.
"What is the matter with you?"
"I'm just finishing what we started in my room, when you left me hanging. Expect technically, you're the one hanging now."
"Why are the chains burning my wrists?" She demanded.
"They've been spelled to burn you when you pull on them. So I wouldn't try moving from that spot if I were you."
He stepped towards her and she took a step back. Pain shot up her wrists but it was better than being close to Jace. It physically hurt seeing him like this. She couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. He stepped towards her again and she took another step back. He stepped towards her a third and fourth time but the pain in her wrist was too much for her to keep moving back. It spread up her arms. It felt like her hands were being seared apart from her arms. He came close enough to kiss her and grabbed her by the waist.
"Why do you keep moving away from me?"
She didn't answer him.
"You call my name whilst you're sleeping you know. I wonder what sort of dreams you be having." He bent his head to kiss her and she turned her own quickly. Her arms felt as thought they were on fire now.
"Why are you here?" She asked as steadily as she could.
"I'm here to keep you company."
"And Jonathan couldn't think of anyone better to keep me company before he ressurects that monster?"
"You weren't saying that a few hours ago."
She saw a glint in his eye and began to feel truly terrified. Whoever this was, it wasn't the Jace she thought she knew. "Besides company isn't the word he would call it. He'd say it was more to keep you in order but me, I'd say entertainment."
He began to fumble at her buttons as she backed away.
"Please no, don't." She begged. The burning on her wrists was worse than anything she'd ever felt. She couldn't handle this. She felt her heart breaking. Her eyes stung as she tried to hold back tears. She couldn't believe that he'd do something like this. In the seven years she'd known him she never imagined Jace, who was always so kind to her and gentle with her, to do something like this. She wriggled as much as she could to stop him from getting a proper grip on her buttons and eventually he looked up at her and shrugged his shoulders.
"You're right I shouldn't. If Jonathan walked in here and saw me screwing his sister he wouldn't be too happy about it. Besides I'd never get those ropes off and although it's kinda kinky it's not practical."
Clary felt an ounce of relief.
"He needs to start the ceremony anyway." At that precise moment Jonathan walked in.
"I see you're doing your job correctly. Keeping your hands off her."
"Of course I am."
"Is she weakened enough?"
"Why don't we find out?" As quick as a flash Jonathan moved and the chains on her wrists had loosened. She fell to the ground in a heap. The pain up and down her arms was agonising. She hasn't realised that she'd been bleeding until she looked and saw a pool of blood just below where she'd been standing or for a better term, hanging. In the blood she saw a reflection of someone walking towards her and her head snapped up. Jonathan stood in front of her. He bent down and gripped her forearm to drag her to her feet. Fear spread like wildfire throughout her body. She composed herself. She wouldn't let either of them see how truly scared she was. He dragged her to the next room where Valentine lay inside a pentagram. She began to feel dizzy again but tried to fight against it. She fell in and out of consciousness throughout the whole ritual, held up by Jonathan's iron grip. After a while she felt a sharp pain on her already raw wrists that pulled her back into consciousness. Before she knew it Jonathan was dragging her over to where Valentine lay and feeding him her blood.