3

Jace woke up a few hours later with a crick in his neck. He felt Clary's hand in his and nothing else mattered, he'd forgotten about his sore neck and fell back asleep, with a smile on his face.
*****
That morning Clary woke up fresh and happy, she'd actually managed to sleep the entire night, save once, without having a nightmare. She looked over at Jace who was fast asleep. She stared at him for a while and the realised that their hands were still intertwined from the previous night. She smiled to herself and untangled her hand from his. She slipped out of bed as quietly as she could and went to the bathroom to shower.
                               *****
Jace woke up alone. The sensations from last night were still coursing through his body but weren't as prominent as before. He had never told Clary how he felt, nor did he intend to. He heard the bathroom door open and saw Clary come back into the room, towel drying her hair.
"Morning," She said beaming at him from across the room.
"Morning!" Replied Jace. "How did you sleep last night?"
"Great! Better then I have in a while."
"Well I'm glad I could help."
"Thank you, again, so so much for staying with me. It must have been awful sleeping in that chair."
"Oh it wasn't too bad. Anyway I better go before Isabelle comes bouncing in here."
They both laughed. "Alright, well I guess I'll see you at breakfast."
"Yeah, see you then." And with that he left the room.
                                *****
Clary decided to ring Simon as they hadn't spoke in a few days.
"Hello stranger." he said picking up the phone.
"Hi, i miss you so much."
"I miss you too Fray. How are you?"
"I'm fine, in fact i feel amazing."
"Woah, what hapened?"
"Okay so Jace spent the night in my room!" She squealed down the phone.
"Clary! No way. You naughty girl!"
"Well we didn't do anything but i had a nightmare and he came and comforted me and he was stroking my hair and i swear Si it felt like we were a real couple."
"Why do you even like him so much?"
"He's hot, like really really hot and he's amazing and this conversation would be a lot better if you were into guys."
"Well i'm not so i guess you're gonna have to dumb it down for me, a heterosexual guy."
She laughed and said "How you feel about Isabelle is how i feel about Jace."
"Clary, don't say that out loud, she might hear you."
"Well it's about time you guys get together, you flirt all the time anyway!"
"Wow you're really one to talk, 'Jace is so cute, Jace is so hot, Do you think he loves me? Why won't he love me?'" He said mocking her.
"OH shut up, i better go down and have breakfast, i'm starving. See you tomorrow, be at Java Jones at 12!"
"Can't wait." He said.
At the exact moment she ended the call Clary's phone buzzed, it was Izzy.

Can't wait to glam you up for tonight! You're gonna look amazing!!!

Clary cursed out loud, she had forgotten all about her date with Sebastian. She felt guilty, even though she had no reason too. She sighed, tied up her hair and headed to the kitchen for breakfast.
Maryse was making pancakes for everyone at Max's request.
"Morning." She said as she walked in. "Something smells good."
"Correction smelt, I burnt it." Said Izzy shrugging her shoulders.
"Izzy!" Groaned Alec and Max in unison.
"Well mom should know better than to leave me in charge whilst she runs out to get syrup!" Replied Isabelle, indignantly. She tuned on her feet, as she always did, and stormed out of the room grabbing Clary's hand and dragging her out too. Clary quickly snatched a banana from the nearest fruit basket and stumbled after her.
She dragged Clary all the way back to her bedroom and as soon as she the door shut she immediately perked up.
"Time to get you ready for your date!" Squealed Izzy.
"Seriously, it's like 6 hours away."
"Wow you have so much to learn." Sighed Isabelle. "There's a lot to do, not just makeup and outfit, you have to do your brows, pamper yourself, have a relaxing bath, wax etc. ect." Clary's eyes got wider with each word. By the time Isabelle was done with her list, Clary's eyes were as wide as an owls'.
"We better get started then," she replied still slightly shocked.
They started with a relaxing bath.
"I've put your book on the side and lit you some candles but if you don't want to read then I've left your MacBook on the side too so you can watch something instead. I'll be back in a hour so be out by then."
"Thank you!" Called Clary as Izzy left the room. She got in the bath and read "a tale of two cities" for the next hour, then she got out and put on her robe before twisting her hair in her towel and placing it atop of her head. Simultaneously both the bathroom and the bedroom door opened. The two girls stepped into Clary's room.
"Got the masks and some cucumbers for your eyes." Said Izzy waving them around.
Clary took the face mask from Isabelle's hand and put it all over her face.
"I'll be back in a another hour to do you hair and makeup" she told Clary as she put her headphones in.
Clary lay on the bed and let Izzy put the cucumbers on her eyes.
She lay there for about twenty minutes before she fell asleep.
She dreamed about her date. She was with a boy, assumingly Sebastian, and they were dancing under a moon lit sky. She had her face against his chest as they danced. She looked up and saw the face of the guy but it wasn't Sebastian. It was Jace. Her dream self wasn't shocked but her real self was. She'd never thought she would dance with Jace in a romantic way. They dream versions looked so happy together, like they were meant to be. She never wanted the dream to end but someone was shaking her.
She woke up to see Izzy.
"Come on, time to wash off the face-mask off and get started on your makeup."
They did just that, as Clary washed her face Isabelle set out all the products. When she's finished she came and sat on the bed in front of Izzy.
She was feeling confused about Jace and Sebastian.
"Iz, I need your help."
"Besides everything I did already?" Joked Izzy.
"No this is serious!"
"Ok, what's up?"
Clary took a deep breath.
"Well, last night me and Jace spent the night together."
"What?!" Izzy said dropping the makeup brush.
"Not romantically-"
"Oh thank god." She picked up the brush "Sorry, carry on."
"Ok so basically I had a nightmare so went to get some water but I heard him playing the piano so I went to listen. Then he walked me back to my room and I asked him to stay with me. We didn't share the bed, he sat on the chair. He held my hand the entire night and was stroking my hair and Iz I swear in was the most perfect moment of my life. Anyway I'd forgotten all about Sebastian until you reminded me again this morning. So I feel really guilty because I feel like me and Jace actually had a moment."
Isabelle tried to interrupt but Clary stopped her.
"Wait a minute I'm not done yet. Then just before whilst I was going the face mask I fell asleep and I had a dream that I was on a date with some guy and we were dancing under the stars. It was so romantic. Then when I saw his face, it was Jace. What am I supposed to do now?"
"Clary, sweetie, you've been in love with Jace since we were like 12 and I'm sorry to have to say this but if he was actually interested he would have noticed by now. Sebastian Is genuinely interested in you. You should give him a chance. Here move your head to the left."
"Sorry, you know your right, I will give him a chance."
"And done."
"Can I look yet?"
"Nope, not until you're fully ready."
Izzy tied her hair into a half-up, half-down style and plaited the top half. She handed Clary her dress from the chair and said
"Go put this on." Clary went behind her changing screen and slipped into the dress. It was a red smock dress with a high neck and full sleeve arms. She came out from behind and looked in the full length mirror that Izzy left out for her and gasped. She looked like her mother when she was 17.
"Izzy, you did amazing. I look like my mom," she whispered.
"Yeah, you do." She said softly. Clary turned around and hugged Isabelle, "I love you!"
"I love you too."
The doorbell went and Isabelle shouted "I'll get it," from upstairs. She ran down the stairs, quick as a flash out of sight.