2

The two girls shopped all day, then got their nails done and by the time they were finished and back home it was 7 p.m.
They went to the kitchen were Jace and Alec were having what looked like a very serious conversation.
"Hey, what are you guys talking about? Looks serious." Asked Izzy.
"What to have for dinner." Said Jace and Alec in unison. Isabelle rolled her eyes.
"Urgh yes dinner, I'm so hungr-"
"Clary how can you be hungry, we just ate a few hours ago?" Izzy asked, incredulously.
"Listen, I may be short but running around after you in a shopping mall builds up quite the appetite!" Exclaimed Clary.
Jace laughed out loud but quickly stopped when he saw the daggers that Izzy was shooting at him.
"You can eat with us if you want, we're going Taki's." Said Alec.
"Perfect, I'll just go grab my coat, it's a little chilly."
She ran up to her room, quickly dropped the bags and snatched her jacket from behind the door before going back down to the boys.
"Alright ready to go?" Clary nodded. "Iz do you want anything?"
"You can bring me back a smoothie, the usual." Then she spun on her heal and walked away.
They went to Taki's and decided to get the food so they could take it home. She got back to the institute and took her food straight to her room but fell asleep without even eating it.
She awoke a few hours later in a frenzy. She'd been dreaming about her mother and for the thousandth time she watched her die. They knew the cause of death now, it was a murder. She was given a vaccine that contained demon poison. It couldn't be detected at first because it hadn't been magically inserted into the body. But after a few days of testing by the high warlock of Brooklyn, Magnus Bane, who coincidentally was now Alec's boyfriend, he'd sent the body for a post morten and they finally found out how she died.
Now Clary had nightmares about how it happened. She rarely ever had them anymore but when she did, they were bad.
She got up and went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water and as she was coming back she heard a sound. She activated her hearing rune and followed the sound; it was coming from the music room. Jace was playing the piano. She loved watching Jace play the piano. He always looked so happy and at peace whilst playing. It made her feel at home, like it was where she was meant to be. He finished his symphony and she started clapped.
"Is it just me or do you get better everyday?"
Jace chuckled, "Hey, what are you doing up?"
She looked down at her hands. "Oh erm, I had a nightmare so I went to get some water."
"You're still having those?!"
Clary sighed looking back up at him. "Yep, but it's whatever. Why are you still up? It's like 4 a.m."
"Sometimes I just have the urge to play and when I woke up I had that urge." He smiled at Clary, that perfect smile that she loved so much.
"Right i er, got my water so I guess I'm gonna head back to bed." She didn't actually want to got to bed, in fact she was afraid that if she went back to sleep she might have more nightmares. She wanted to sit here all night watching Jace play.
"Well I'm done here so I'll walk you back to your room."
They walked back to Clary's room in silence. When they got to the door Jace turned to her,
"I'll see you in the morning."
As he turned away she caught his hand, just as she had on the first day they met, and asked
"Will you please stay with me?"
His eyes softened at her plea. Tiny Electric shocks coursed through her hand, making her heart race. No guy had ever made her feel like that.
"Of course." He whispered and led her into the room.
She put the bottle from the kitchen on her nightstand as he once again dragged over the chair and sat in it. She took out her hair tie and let the hair fall over her shoulders like a red waterfall.
She got under the covers and grabbed his hand again.
"Thank you, so much. I don't think I would have had the courage to actually go back to sleep if you weren't here."
"I will always be here for you, always." He said, caressing her hair.
She fell asleep to the familiarity of Jace gently stroking her hair, comforted by his presence.