10

Remember. I don't exactly remember how I had gotten home from that party. I remember walking in and heading straight to the kitchen. I remember drinking, maybe 6 or so shots. I remember being pulled away. I don't remember who pulled me away or anything after. I remember waking up with a throbbing head, and that's all. 

If the girl across from me is a missing piece, I don't care much about solving the puzzle. She wasn't ugly but I wasn't looking. Why would I need a girl when I'll be dead soon anyway. 

"Can you go fetch my drink now?" I ask

"I don't know can I?" She says back to me.

"You seem physically capable to do so." I roll my eyes 

"He better be glad I won't spit in his drink." She mutters while walking away

"Fucking disgusting." I think to myself

When she brings back my drink I thoroughly inspect it. After looking from top to bottom, putting a finger over the hole in the straw and lifting it, and stirring it, I find nothing. Still I ask a passing waitress for a new drink. 

When she comes back I thank her, and when the girl who supposedly took me home comes I say nothing. Noticing her name tag I find out her name is Kehlani. It's a nice name but never would I admit that. 

Handing her my menu I tell her I want the SouthWest Chicken Burger. After writing it down on her notepad she walks away. Fifteen minutes later I have my food, and ten minutes after that I'm done and getting ready to leave. Receiving the check, I pay and leave a four dollar tip. She may not have been the best waitress but she did her job. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(6/18/19) published 9/28/19