Kiba one shot ~ My Snow

Kiba sighed as he wandered through the woods with Akamaru. The snow was really starting to become deeper now. Whoever these enemy ninja were they were certainly using the snow to their advantage. Kiba could barely smell them anymore.

"I don't see a point in this Akamaru it's not like they can survive out here very long not with winter and all." He sighed.

Akamaru barked but it wasn't in agreement instead he sensed something further up ahead. Both slowed down and as they reached the clearing they stopped mouths gaping. Hand and wrist trapped in a bear trap was a beautiful white haired female. She was completely naked but hidden by her hair with white ears tipped ice blue when the moon shon on them and a white poofy fox tail. She was struggling to open the bear trap however the same moment they noticed her she saw them and in the blink of an eye it was a white fox instead it's front paw still trapped.

"Wait-" Kiba rubbed his eyes had they been deceiving him.

"Dammit now he won't be able to understand good plan shifting! Dummy!" Grumbled the fox to itself. Kiba couldn't believe it so he had seen a girl she had changed into the fox he saw now.

"Actually I can understand you." Stated Kiba grinning wolfishly having overcome the shock. The fox looked up at him startled and then their eyes met.

Kiba knew what was happening the moment his eyes met hers. The feeling of being hit by a mountain combined with the feeling of his heart restarting and the heat that flooded his entire body despite the freezing temperature was tail enough.

Kiba had just found his mate. This made him freeze as did the girl both staring into each other's eyes. While finding a mate wasn't super rare for the Inuzukas it wasn't entirely common either and thus mates and the subject of mates was treated with great reverence and care. His mother told him all about mates and what could happen so Kiba also wasn't surprised when she backed up a step looking him over confusedly.

Her eyes were hazy as she fought to stay conscious.

Kiba found himself grinning from ear to ear and he practically ran to her side.

"I'm Kiba." He stated kneeling beside her in the snow. She was shaking from exhaustion, cold and blood loss from the many cuts and scrapes covering her body on top of the bear trap upon her her right front leg. Looking her over reminded him now was not the time to be all giddy on his new mate.

"Snow..." She mumbled shaking "I-I-" the poor fox's eyes rolled up and closed as she collapsed the bear trap ripping even more into her skin. It was horrible in his opinion and enraged him even as Akamaru nuzzled him to calm him down.

Kiba calmed himself down just enough to break the bear trap open freeing her. Her small fox form was quivering from cold but what shocked him most was now that he was paying attention she had ten fluffy white tails instead of one.

"We still have to find those ninja-"

Akamaru barked he was across the clearing digging in a rather large snow bank. Soon enough color mixed with the snow and several unconscious ninja appeared stacked in a pile.

"Well I guess that makes our job easier eh boy?" Chuckled Kiba who had brought his battered mate close to his chest wrapping her in the cloak he was wearing so that they were both cocooned inside it's warmth.

"Let's send up a signal for the others." Akamaru agreed and let out a loud long howl telling the other nin dogs where to find the place.

"Come on we need to get her back to the village ASAP." Stated Kiba climbing onto Akamarus back and cradling her soft fluffy tailed body close to him. She had the softest fur imaginable and he found himself riding Akamaru without his hands so he could cradle her body closer to him. She warmed up quickly under his cloak too quickly. Soon her little body was burning with a raging fever.