chapitre douze

Aiko;

I woke up in a jump, my throat burning, my lungs compressed as if water was inside it. I gasp for air, coughing hard, covering my mouth with my hand. Soon I feel a warm substance, I extend my hand. Blood. Naoki rushed inside my room, eyes widening. The pain stopped and I was able to breathe again.
"Are you okay? Maybe we should get you back in Heaven-"
"No, it's not that. Something isn't right" again, the pain started. I yelped in pain, catching the attention of Chan and Chae who soon ran into the room. Chae's eyes widened as soon as her eyes landed on me. Chan however mirrored the same expression, only with anger and furry was seen. He stormed out of the room not saying anything leaving us confused.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Chan yelled at the princess who sat by the window.
"Nothing" she innocently smiled.
"I told you if you touch Aiko-"
"Or what?" She smirked. "It's not like you could do anything to me, you'll never going to be King with that defect of yours" she laughed.
"And you'll never be a part of the Water Kingdom without knowing who Aiko chose" Chan smirked, leaving the girl with an angry expression. He teleported back into the Night realm only to see a girl in a much worse condition than when he left her in. She had completely lost the strength to sit up, her skin was paler than ever and even her hair was a lighter shade. It was as if Aiko was starting to fade.
"My god Aiko what happened?" His tears started to collect.
"G.e...t me.. b...a..c.....k t..o th-" She was weak, she couldn't even get her sentence out,she coughed interrupting herself. Naoki carried the poor girl. The four teleported back to the Fire Kingdom. Once arriving, Aiko's energy recharged, it seemed as if her sickness reversed itself once she stepped in her own territory.
"FATHER!!!" She called out as she got back on her feet. She noticed the strange aura of the palace, like theres not a single ray of heat. As if something or someone had killed the fire. The poor girl sprinted to the main room, immediately stopping with tears in her eyes. Her fathers crown lay in a pile of ashes. The princess took a couple of deep breathes to stabilise her emotions.
"Aihara. Irie. Akasuki." she called out her most trusted advisors. Soon a bright light appeared, turning into three human figures, two female and one male. They frowned seeing the girls coldest expression.
"Yes your majesty?" They said in unison. The three others that came with Aiko walked in.
"Aihara, Close all gates to the Fire Nation. Tell anyone who asks for King Henry that he's gone for a trip towards the Night realm. No one must know that his Majesty has been murdered.Dismissed." the three exchanged glances, realising that Aiko is now unofficially their Queen.
"Yes your grace"
"Irie, Only let our trusted board members know, send me everything that comes on my Fathers table to heaven in secret, I would have to deal with them from now on. Send me his seal, I want you in person to give it to me. Anyone can fake their identity, don't talk to anyone who doesn't have this mark." Aiko turned her palm, showing a small constellation in white ink. "Dismissed"
"As you wish my Queen"
The two female figures disappeared, doing what their new queen has asked, leaving only one left.
"Aiko?" Chan called the girl in concern.
"Akasuki" she called out. The male looked up. His figure was lean and well dressed, his black hair fixed and his shoes pointed.
"Yes your majesty?"
"I need you to look after this Kingdom while I'm gone, act as the hand of the que- well Hand of the King in the meantime until my coronation. Find a priest and scheduel my coronation. We're vulnerable if word gets out. I need to overtake the throne as soon as possible. When the time comes you will shape shift into my father giving the crown and we will then figure things out from there. Understood?"
"Yes your majesty, it will be my honour" he took Aiko's hand, kissing it as gently as possible.
"I want a list of everyone who entered the Fire Nation this whole month. Ask the master of eyes, even my les yeux ci-dessus can't show me."
"Yes your grace"  Aiko walked towards the crown, gently picking it up and placing it on her head. She waved her hand on top of the pile of ashes, making it disappear.
"Rest in Peace Father, I'm not ready for the throne but i have to be. I promise I will find whoever did this to you" she recited to herself as she watched the ashes floated, disappearing into the air.

The four went into heaven. Aiko had a cold expression. She marched past the prince's meeting room, not sparing a minute to greet them. Chan, however, led the two in to meet his brothers. All eyes landed on Chae and Naoki. Chae received unpleasing looks from everyone but Felix who's eyes are as puffy as she's last seen them. All swords were pointed at the two.
"Woah woah woah" Chan stood in front of them giving them a little bit of protection.
"This is Chae, Princess of The Demon realm, She's a trusted ally of Felix and I." He took a breath. "Don't freak out, but meet Aiko's twin brother" gasps was heard around the room, Felix, however, got up and walked infront of the night immortal. He looked him directly into his eyes, he let out a sigh. About to walk away, Naoki grabbed the blue-eyed dragon into a hug.
"Don't give up on her, everything will get better. I've seen it" he whispered, soon releasing the stunned prince. He smiled, "can someone show me where Aiko's palace is?" A small yelp was heard from across the room. All eyes averted to Jeongin who clung onto his elder. He pointed at the small peryton.
"He- he told me that there could only be one!!" He yelled. Naoki laughed at the boy.
"Don't worry, he doesn't bite" he smiled.

Naoki stood high in the hill, looking down onto his sister's palace.
"I thought you'd be here" a deep voice voiced out. Naoki turned around noticing his puffy red eyes. "When you said that you've seen it, what did you mean?" He stood next to him.
"I can see the future Felix, the way the both of you are acting won't fix things." the two watched the princess create a barrier surrounding her palace gates.
"This is where she needs you the most."
"What happened?"
"I think its best if Aiko tells you herself, she doesn't like being exposed." He chuckled.

Night time soon washed over heaven, everyone was asleep, even Naoki. I couldn't help but panic, I have a whole the kingdom on my shoulders in such a hurry. I haven't even stabilised my emotions yet alone rule under pressure. If Queen Irene finds out that Father is dead she would claim me in a heart beat, letting the Fire Nation to flourish. What's worse is that Claude keeps asking who i chose. Everyone in the royal family saw the hairpin, immediately realising who i belong to. Felix, on the other hand, hasn't laid a single glance on me, it was as if he never even gave me his heart.
I take looked around my room, noticing the small peryton is gone. I wrapped a cloak around me and headed out to search for the small deer.
"Pea?" i called out seeing two pointed ears hiding behind a bush. His head perked up hearing his name, his mouth was filled with small berries. My eyes widened as i looked up in the sky, hand-sized bubbles of either Blue or yellow in colour are everywhere, each telling a different story. Pea's eyes glittered, he soon jumped up, flying up to them. Popping then one by one with his antlers, he stopped at one. He held it in his mouth as gentle as he could, bringing it to me. I picked the small bubble on his hand. Yellow. A colour connected to the past. A memory.

Author;

Aiko's eyes widened seeing the memory, anger grew as fire would. The bubble, in particular, played the memory like a movie scene. it showed a hand turning, creating the green eternal flame. The poor girl collapsed to her knees and a hand on her mouth, witnessing her fathers death which added oil into the fire. Tears streamed down her face, wondering who would do such a thing, then it clicked.

"an immortal who possess a high status on the royal bloodline may have the power to create the Eternal flame." She recited quietly, thinking of who would have done it.
Two people came to mind; but why would they do it?
Aiko stormed back into her palace, by that time daylight peaked throughout heaven. Naoki saw his little sister with anger and such emotion in her eyes. He ran out of the gates immediately engulfing her into a hug. She pushed the twin and immediately entering the palace, triggering the barrier. Soon ice like substance ran down the barrier line, hardening it's transparent walls. Once the barriers were as strong as titanium, the girl screamed at the top of her lungs. Naoki on the other hand attempted to break the barrier, the male banged and punched the wall with all his might. Aiko in the other hand, was busy letting every ounce of pure anger and pure sadness out. Tears streamed down her face, her heart glowed, her hair turning into titanium silver and her figure glowing white. Her appearance was no longer a red queen, her dress was silver, with small white beads, her hair was straight and pinned back. Her crown had changed into gold. It's jewels were white and red. The girl turned around, showing her true form to Naoki, who had also turned into his real form too. Hyunjin and Seungmin noticed this weird aura from the Crystal Palace. They quietly watched from the hill above, witnessing the change in both.
"Now I see the resemblance"
"I did some research, since they're both hybrids, they could have acquired an ice power after Aiko ascended, it's in the book of hybrids, when one passes the final ascension one may be granted another element power. Although I'm not certain where it came from, but it can be a possibility it came from Queen Irene since she has a history of ice although she was human" Seungmin paused. "Her ancestors were immortals, it's just unusual how she was the only that's human. But in other words, we're dealing with the Ice siblings"
"Ice and Fire....interesting"
Aiko's eyes had turned light blue, something she doesn't usually show. She let out a scream. Her heart glowing two colours, in a Yin and Yang motion; two opposites, balancing each other out. Fire and Ice, the most dangerous elements alone but even more dangerous together. Tears streamed down her face, her body glowing and soon rays of heat emitted from her. However her surroundings became a sudden blizzard. The beautiful trees that had beautiful flowers were now covered in thick ice and snow. She screamed and screamed. Releasing every emotion she felt. She cried and cried, until her eyes ran dry. Soon the dome itself became white, not a single sight of a tree nor the palace was seen.

An//
Hi everyone~ sorry this chapter took so long to upload (I'm two chapters ahead and I'm just really forgetful) I hope you're enjoying this as much as I am❤️ there's not much romance but there would be soon💕
-Rae