"why are you here"

📍september 16th, 2019📍
10:00pm
— on the swings at the park —

[ jeongguk ]

I don't know why I did what I did but all I can think about is how warm her hands feel despite the cold breeze whisking past our faces. The comforting feeling of knowing that she's finally here with me makes my heart twinge.

I don't know why I thought she'd be with someone else. Mayybe I was too greedy and too selfish to think that she had gotten over me that quickly, finding another man who was probably better than me in every way possible.

Even now I'm a wreck.

"Why are you out here all alone? You know it's dangerous right?"

And now I'm scolding her like a kid, jeez, get it together Jeon.

"Why are you here Jeongguk?"

I didn't even realize how amazing it would be to hear her say my name in person, butterflies shot through my stomach, she sounds even more beautiful than before. Is that weird I think that?

I'm all over the place.

"Lilian, look at me. I'm here for you, because I-"

"You what? There's nothing you need to say Jungkook. I'm the one that hurt you! I don't deserve to be here with you regardless, so just g—"

"Just stop talking."

I cradle her face into my hands, tilting my head to meet my lips with her cotton soft ones. They taste just how I remember, and I feel guilty for keeping that memory in my mind. She hesitates at first, before relaxing, hands pressing against my chest as she whimpers softly. We're breathing in harshly as we kiss like it's been years. It certainly felt like years. She pulls back, only to take a breath and come back in, teeth slightly grazing against my lip as she lets tears go.
I taste them, wet against our lips, mingling with the soft, shared breaths, but now even her tears taste sweet, although i can taste the saltiness of them as she cries and holds me close, closer.

I don't even realize i'm crying at this point too.

Why are we crying in each other's arms, when it's the thing we both knew we wanted?