37. Justice

~~~

Logan's POV-

"Ms. Hunter, please be careful." the nurse scolds me. I ignore her and continue to hold onto the vital thing and pull myself up from the hospital bed.

It's already been a day or so since I was originally admitted into this place. I'm already sick of the constant beeping of the machines and the random check-ups every other hour. I'm not dying anymore so what's the point in keeping me here?

"Ms. Hunter, please. Get back in bed." the nurse tells me. Again, I ignore her and head towards the bathroom in this room.

Since I'm not fully a woman, I don't need to leave my bed to use the bathroom. They brought in a plastic water gallon for me to use. I hate doing it like that, but it pretty much hurts to get up. But right now, all I want is to get out of this damn bed.

Thus the reason why the nurse is yelling at me.

"Logan. Listen to the nurse, sweety." mom tells me. I ignore her too and eventually stand all the way up.

I ignore my body yelling at me. My stomach still hurts and so does my throat. They told me I'll probably still have the bruises for the rest of the week. But whatever.

I just want to take a shower. Is that too much to ask for? I didn't shower at all Friday and it's Sunday now. They wouldn't let me get out of bed for anything and I know I probably reek.

"Can't I just take a quick shower?" I complain. Mom and the nurse both sigh.

"If you want to shower, then please. Let me assist you." the nurse says. I flinch and look down.

They changed my clothes when I was admitted. They put me in one of the stupid lame hospital gowns. They told me several times during my frequent checkups that they already saw everything and that there's nothing to hide. NOTHING.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'm not letting some random nurse, even if she's cute, help me shower. No way.

No way in hell.

"Can't I just do it on my own?" I plead. Mom and the nurse both sigh.

"I'm sorry, Logan. But that's just how it's going to be. You can hardly even stand on your own yet so you need assistance in showering. That's why we insisted on just washing you with washcloths and soap so you don't have to leave the bed." the nurse says. I groan.

They've been really pushing on that idea as well. Again, they told me that they've already seen everything and that they do this all the time so there's nothing to be shy about. But that's easy for them to say.

I'm sick of this place now.

"Please...I'll be careful..." I beg her. The nurse shakes her head and walks over towards me as she rolls up her sleeves to her shoulders and gently puts my arm around her shoulder to give me more support.

I cry inside as she starts to lead me into the bathroom.

"Good morn-oh. I see you're up." I hear Kimberly say as she enters through the door. She raises her eyebrow.

"Um...what's going on?" she asks, mainly to the nurse. The nurse sighs.

"Logan wants to shower but she can't stand on her own. So, I'm going to help her." she tells Kimberly. Kimberly pouts.

"But why do you have to help her?" she asks the nurse with a frown on her face. The nurse flinches a little at her tone of voice.

"Because she needs help and since I'm her nurse, that's what I'm going to do." she tells Kim. Kim shakes her head and walks over towards us.