34. Edge

~~~

Logan's POV-

A month and a half.

That's all I have left for this school year. A month and a half and I'm out of here. I graduate and leave for New York in August. It's only a month and a half, but I know it'll be the longest month and a half.

Ever.

In my life.

Today is April 1st. Several days since Kimberly and I found out about the picture that was taken of us back in the nurse's office back in October. I still can't figure it out.

Who took it?

Besides Shannon, who else was there?

A student?

Another teacher?

You would think Mr. Williams would tell us who took it, but he didn't. And it's almost like he's refusing to do so. He keeps saying the same old line. 'I can't share that with you since it involves someone else at this school. It's just part of the code.

Code my ass.

Someone knows about Kimberly and me.

Someone knows.

That someone is a big threat. Sure. Mr. Williams is already ok with it, but that doesn't mean that I'm just pushing this aside. No way in hell.

"What's with the dumb face?" Jace asks me. I snap out of my thoughts and look at him. I sigh and shake my head.

"It's nothing dude. I'm just feeling stressed." I tell him. He shakes his head and passes the ball to me. I catch it before it hits me.

He dragged me out here again today. He's been doing that this past week. He actually improved with his game a lot and it's harder for me to keep up with him. But I guess that's what I get for waiting so long to get back on the team.

But.

Whatever.

"So I asked Shannon out the other day." he says as I make a basket. I run over to get the ball and dribble it back to where he's standing on the court.

"Really? Wow. You finally put on your big boy pants and asked her out. When's the wedding?" I ask him. His face turns red and he glares at me.

"Shut the fuck up. It's not like that. And besides, she told me she's focusing on her grades right now." he says with disappointment behind his voice. I shake my head and toss him the ball. He catches it.

"Well. Honestly. That's just something Shannon would do. You know how she puts her grades at a high priority. She always did that." I tell him. He pouts.

"Yeah but....I just really wanted to be with her." he says. I shake my head as I cross my arms.

"Dude. Seriously. You should just tell her that. She may just shoot you down again, but it never hurts to try. And besides, doing so will show her just how much you care about her." I tell him. He sighs.

"Whatever. Anyway. Wanna play some one on one before you have to go to detention with Mr. Williams?" he asks me as he starts to spin the ball on his fingertip. I shake my head and walk away from the court.

"I'm done with detention with him. But, I do want to head home and nap." I tell him. He sighs and shakes his head.

"Why did you get detention anyway?" he asks me. I shrug.

"I'm not sure." I tell him.

He stops spinning the ball on his finger and studies my face. He walks over towards me and circles around me, still trying to study me. I don't buckle under his stare.