24. Those 3 Little Words

~~~

Logan's POV-

Something fishy is going on. And it's not just the fish sticks that Jenny practically ordered me to buy from the store earlier today. Although, when you think about it, it is pretty ironic.

But that's besides the point.

I called Kim four times during break. I got nothing from her. She didn't respond to my calls. I know for a fact that her phone was on when I called and that it wasn't just a coincidence that her phone was turned off all for times. Whenever I called, it would go to her voicemail after the 2nd ring. That doesn't happen unless you manually decline a call.

I sent her texts too. All in which she didn't reply to. Is something wrong? Maybe she's just really busy with her parents? But if that were the case, she would've called back, right? At least that's what I would like to think.

The only thing that I got from her, was a message saying that she landed safely back in Michigan. That's it. I sent her a text saying that I'm glad she made it back safely and that I missed her. I know she read it. My messages tell me when someone reads my messages and the exact time they did so. She read the message I sent her directly after I sent it. She just didn't respond.

Nothing.

It's Monday. The week of the finals and even the day we come back from break. Unless she's not showing up for work today, there's not really a way for her to avoid me. We have 3rd hour together and since I haven't seen her in a while and since she didn't respond to any of my calls and texts for the past few days, I'm staying after class. No about about it.

Just.

What on Earth could've happened that would make her not talk to me anymore? We were fine that day she left and thanksgiving.

Was is something that I did?

As far as I'm concerned, I didn't do anything.

"Dude! We call your name several times and you have the decency to not respond at all? What the hell kind of are you?" Jace says as he slams his hands on my shoulders. I jump and turn around to see him Shannon and Quentin. I sigh and pull on a smile.

"Hey losers. What's up?" I say as I go to give them a high five.

They don't return it. After roughly 15 seconds of holding my hand up for them to return the favor, I finally drop my hand. One. It's getting tired. Two. They're acting kind of weird.

Everyone is just weird now.

"Is everything ok?" I ask them. They all exchange looks.

"Are you ok?" Shannon asks me. I flinch and raise my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Dude. You looked like you were so deep in thought about something. Jace was acting like such a dumbass trying to get your attention." Quentin answers. Jace glares at him but he only shrugs.

"Oh. Well I just have a lot going on right now." I tell them.

They nod, probably assuming it's about my parents, Jenny, and work. Not about Kimberly. Which is a good thing because we're still trying to keep everything private right now. We don't need word getting to the head of school.

"Well. Alright. Anyway, guys. Did y'all have good turkey this year? I know I did." Jace says, changing the topic.

"Yeah dude. My dad made this great turkey. It was amazing..." Quentin says.

"You guys know I don't eat meat." Shannon says.

"Oh yeah. So what DID you have?" Jace asks her. She shrugs.