21. Why Not

~~~

Kimberly's POV-

"Why are you pushing me???" Emma asks me as I lead her towards the door. It's 6:15 and I still have to look decent. This will be the first time that Logan and I will be hanging out, that's not taking place in my car.

"Because, didn't you say that you had to be there at 6? Well, you're late." I tell her.

Emma made plans to hang out at her friend's place. I don't have all the details about what they're doing but she's also spending the night there as well. For some odd reason, she was told to be there at 6. It's a quarter after and she's late. I really don't understand teenagers anymore.

"Oof. You're right. Shit. Ok, well love you, bye!" she says as she rushes out of the house.

I sigh in relief as I watch her pull out of the driveway and head down the street. But now that she's gone, I'm even more nervous about tonight. This is technically like our first date, right? I want it to go by well. I guess this will test how well we communicate even more.

I rush up the stairs and into my bedroom. I want to at least get out of the clothes I'm wearing right now. I didn't really go anywhere today, so I'm still in my pajamas. I would prefer to not drive Logan away, so changing will probably do me some good.

Things have really changed between Logan and me. We're not fighting like how we were in the beginning and we're talking more comfortably now. She's still acting like her childish self and flirting around. But it's cute.

I guess you could say that I even got to learn more about her. Her favorite color is cobalt blue. She loves pizza, especially homemade pizza. She loves Hayley Kiyoko and Sense Fail, which I find utterly adorable when she jams out to their songs. She has a tendency to always bounce her knee when she's nervous or just when she's sitting in class, listening to the lessons and whatnot. She also plays the guitar, which I really want to hear her play one day. She has a lot of things that make her unique.

And different from other girls.

Logan apparently has a male genital. To say that I was surprised, would be an understatement. I was completely shocked. I still am, really. But it doesn't change how I see her. She's still the funny, teasing, flirtatious person that I met at Starbucks that one day. And now, she's coming over tonight to watch a movie with me.

I know it's not really something to get all excited about. It's really just a movie. But it'll still be nice to spend some more time with her. And it works out. Emma won't be home and we're not going out in public so there's no chance that we'll get caught.

It's going to be a ok.

I rummage through my closet to find something decent to wear. I don't want to be overdressed. I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up in jeans and a sweatshirt. So maybe I should do the same. I pull on some leggings and grab a grey short-sleeved shirt to wear. Something nice and simple. Perfect for just watching a movie with her.

I check the time on my phone and notice that it's almost 6:30. I still have time before she gets here. That is if she gets here exactly at 6:45. She could come a little later than that or before that. It's hard to say.

I sigh as I throw myself onto my bed. But before I can even get comfortable, a knock on the door breaks the silence. I quickly sit up and hop off of my bed. I rush down the flight of stairs and head for the stairs. From the window in the living room, I can see what I'm assuming is her car parked in the driveway.

I quickly wipe away any sweat that may be on my hands and take a deep breath. I reach for the doorknob and Logan is standing right there, in front of me. She pulls a smile on her face, making her cute little dimples noticeable. I smile back.