38 | τριάντα οχτώ

38 | τριάντα οχτώ

▃▃▃▃⚡︎▃▃▃▃

ARTEMIS WAS RIGHT, I didn't like this plan. In fact, I thought that this was the worst plan we had ever come up with by far.

We were hovering above the pantheon of the castle.

It was incredibly huge, with a glamorous white pantheon in front and a large castle attached to the end.

The dining room was in the pantheon, which was bigger than the one in Greece by a long shot. The columns were stark white, just like the castle and it looked to be made of polished marble.

It was plated with gold around the edges, and the scrolling I had seen earlier on the pantheon was written in shiny gold letters I had forgotten to ask Apollo what it meant but that was the last thing on my mind.

If we weren't in the middle of a war, I would have fainted seeing this all in real life.

I was on Mount Olympus.

Me.

When I looked down into the pantheon, there was a large, golden table sat in the middle of the white room. I assumed it was then the dining room. The table had a total of twelve seats, which were all empty at the moment.

A few meters from the end of the table was a large golden statue, I could not make out who it was of because I was looking from the top view.

There was a piano in the far corner of the room, and a large golden harp in the other. This made me glance at Apollo. I was certain that they belonged to him, being the god of music and whatnot.

"Tell me again why we can not all just fly in through this entrance in the chariots?" I asked, nervously glancing down into the biggest drop I'd ever have to take in my life.

Artemis rolled her eyes, as if exhausted. "I told you, Zeus has protective shields over all of the entrances. Apollo and his Chariots try to enter and he'll fry. These shields protect us from everything the supernatural world has to offer. Even these Lethifolds cannot enter. The shield is top powerful. But, mortals are so incredibly useless, Zeus saw no need to build it against your kind." She explained bluntly.

"The eternal flame is in a secret compartment in Zeus' chambers." Artemis explained, brown eyes piercing into me. "Zeus' chambers will be those with the flashy platinum doors. Opening the doors will be challenging.

Zeus has six lightening bolts on his doors. None are as strong as the master bolt, but be cautious. The lock for his door is one of the bolts, if you choose the wrong one, you will die. I wish I could tell you which it is, but he changes it often and at random." She shrugged, slightly frowning.

"This is all great and everything, thank you – but we're ignoring the fact that I have to hurl myself five hundred feet from these chariots into that building with nothing to break my fall." I complained and she shook her head.

"You're going to be alright. Trust me." She said, this time crossing her arms over her chest. Even though she spoke those words with all the confidence in the world, her eyes were displaying hints of uncertainty.