26 | είκοσι έξι

26 | είκοσι έξι

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I WAS IRRITATED, mostly because dinner last night had been a disaster and I'd had a headache ever since but also because I would have to spend my entire day in this unfamiliar place alone, without Ares. He went somewhere with Dionysus, to figure out if he was really up for helping us destroy the inhabitants of Mt. Olympus. He'd be back in time for the ball, though. Which was now pushed to the next evening.

Last night, we had found out that Achilles was not around. He was on some quest to save some dame from something, I didn't ask for all the details but he was gone and nobody knew when he would return. I didn't even know they could leave their resting place. Weren't they all dead?

Fortunately, he did not take his spear along. Unfortunately, the other heroes refused to tell us where it was as we were not supposed to take ancient artifacts out of Elysium.

They told us we have all of their support, and they would be more than delighted to fight alongside us in this war, but also refused to grant us the one thing that would ensure victory.

My head was pounding even louder, and my chest felt like it was swelling up, restricting the flow of oxygen over there. I burst into loud coughs as I sat up on my bed, the pain felt like it was tearing my throat apart.

When I finally stopped, I looked into my palm and spotted the blue blood of mine. My eyes widened, confused until I felt something come up my throat. I ambled into the bathroom, and just in time to hunch over the toilet and throw up.

I thought it was something I ate at the dinner, but I had a chicken salad while the rest had Nectar.

I looked into the toilet bowl and did a double take. There was no food, but blood. Pure blood. It didn't look like blood, but the coppery smell had now engulfed the entire room, making me gag.

What was I?

Maybe I was a zombie.

I decided to flush the toilet like it was nothing, and washed my hands. I was dizzy, and I was seeing stars. Once I blinked a couple of times, I was fine.

There were three soft knocks on the door before it was pushed open by a short, blonde girl wearing a medieval - sort maids uniform. She had a tray of food along with a teapot and mug in her hands as she pushed the door closed with her foot.

She was beaming at me, her bright blue eyes glistening translucently as she placed the tray down on the bed.

"Good morning, my lady," she said in an old, Victorian accent.

She was also very pale, and I started to wonder what she was doing in a place like this.

"I am Isidora Carpenter, your help. I hope you do not mind porridge as a starter." She said, before he eyes landed on me again and she frowned.

"Are you alright, my lady? You haven't even washed yet." She tsked before snapping her fingers and making a blue and red medieval dress appear on the bed. I scowled. How old was this woman?

"Isidora..." i started nervously, clearing my throat. "Do you have anything a little more modern for me to wear today?" I asked politely, but she didn't seem to take too nicely to my words.