30 | τριάντα

30 | τριάντα

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I NARROWED MY eyes at the brightness of the room as the sound of a woman screaming her lungs out echoed through it.

"She's not going to make it, go tell them to prepare the room for an emergency C-section." The sound of an elderly man followed suit as I looked around to see where I was.

I was in the hospital, and in this specific room with a woman who was giving birth. There was a man next to her holding her hand, face worry-stricken as he processed the words the doctor said.

"No!" The woman screamed before the nurse could walk out.

It was so vivid, the image so clear like I was watching a movie. I tried to hide myself behind the curtain but my hand went right through it.

I looked at the back of my hand. It was almost transparent, I was glowing like one of those ghosts from the Dark Palace.

"I'm fine." She screamed and the doctor shook his head, "it should not be taking this long, I know you wanted a natural birth Mrs Grimmon, but – " the doctor was cut off when Mrs Grimmon took hold of him by his collar harshly. A bead of sweat was rolling down her forehead.

"You are going to help me deliver this baby, naturally. Or I am going to deliver my foot up your ass." She whispered intimidatingly before letting him go. He nodded head before heading back to where all the action was happening.

After a few more minutes of agonizing screaming and cursing, the baby was out, and she was holding it in her hands.

Her light brown curls were disheveled untidily on her head as she soothed the crying baby in her hands.

I wasn't really there, I had deduced that much. I was a sort of ghost watching the whole thing. I knew for a fact that Aphrodite had brought me here through her kiss, but I was just uncertain as to why.

"She's beautiful, Daniel." Her bright blue eyes were glistening excitedly as she made faces at the baby.

'Daniel' besides her was beaming as well, his hand rubbing circles over her back.

He had a full head of blond hair, which was also a mess as a result of his running his fingers through them. His eyes were a bright hazel colour, reminiscent of my own.

That was when I put it all together. My heartbeat was wild and I was scared I'd faint right on the spot.

"Our baby Ariel. Ariel Grimmon. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" The lady chuckled.

"Can't believe you talked me into naming our child after your favourite cartoon character. Where did I find you, Juliet?" Daniel rolled his eyes, though there was a small simper tugging at his lips as the woman burst out laughing.

"You know that's not true. I was only joking, Daniel! We've named her after my grandmother." She giggled, holding the baby - me - out for Daniel to take her. He did just that, and held her for the first time.

His eyes were wide with emotion, glazing over as he rocked the now sleeping baby peacefully before kissing her forehead.

"I can't believe you're here." He said, utter shock in his voice and my heart warmed at the pure excitement on his face when he looked at the baby. He looked at me like my own eyes had been formed from stars, my skin from stardust and my smile created the entire universe.