Kriti nodded and Raghav narrated everything to her. "I just want my sister-in-law to be out of all her problems and unite with my brother taking her family's permission. For myself, I'm a science graduate from one of the best colleges in New York. My brother is also a post graduate with economics. He doesn't show his academic qualities to anyone because music is his life."

Kriti was at a loss of words. Raghav continued, "I know you hate your sister Jiyasha but there are people who loves her. I don't think you are that bad to spoil anybody else's love. At least I haven't found this in you when I was busy studying you."

Kriti gaped and inhaled deeply. "You studied me! Let me tell you a thing today. I am also an educated girl and I don't think I will spoil my half sister's life for the relationship I share with her. I know how good she has been with my mother since childhood. We both were best of friends since the day she had been in the house. That single truth had separated us and I couldn't go nearer to her again. The only reason is my brother Ankit and I can never go against him. My own brother has done a lot for me when I was small and I can't betray him. But be sure I won't be betraying Jiyasha too. I have only one hope on her that she cures my mother and keeps her promise. Even I know Jiyasha will die a hundred deaths out of guilt if she can't keep her promise."

Raghav bent closer to Kriti's face and caught hold of her shoulders. "Your eyes are telling me a different truth. You love Jiyasha more than your own brother."

Kriti's eyelashes flickered with the tears that had grasped her. "How do you know?"

"I think I can read your eyes and I'm ready to read them for the rest of my life." Raghav leaned in and kissed her cheek.

Kriti pushed him away. "What are you doing?"

Raghav caught hold of her arm. "Do you think I'm really a fool not to understand that even you are developing feelings for me?"

"Shut up, Raghav."

"Girls can understand from the distance of a few kilometers as to who likes them and you couldn't even understand that I have fallen for you being so near to you?"

"No.."

"You can't deny. If it was really true that you don't like me, why are you here in my room in the middle of the night? I'm yet a stranger for you."

"No you're not stranger!" Kriti blurted accidentally and zipped her lips in the next moment. "I'm sorry.. I mean I was here to check whether you had lighted your candle after the power cut. We are taught to take care of our guests."

"But I'm not your guest. We are Aditi's guests and it's her duty, not yours. You could have also gone to the rooms of other members in the house. Why only here?" Raghav asked frowning his forehead.

"Please Raghav, don't compel me to utter what I don't want to."

"But I really want to know what you want to utter."

Kriti fidgeted in her position as Raghav's engaging eyes were fixed on her. The heavy winds were blowing rapidly outside the window and the lamp on the table behind Raghav tumbled down next to him. Before falling on the ground and blowing out, it touched Raghav sideways to which Kriti ran towards him. "Raghav, be careful. It shouldn't hurt you."

She pulled him away and hugged him with all her might and the room was left in utter darkness. Raghav smiled satisfactorily on his victory and reciprocated to the hug. "Kriti, you know you are the first girl hugging me and I want to keep hugging you for the rest of my life."

Kriti realized her folly and separated from him. She lighted the fallen candle again. "I'm sorry Raghav but our story can never be started."

"Why?"