You take it and squeeze it thankfully. 

"Thanks for coming Jar. It helped. A lot." You smile slightly. 

"I'm glad. Do you want to go out somewhere? Get some fresh air?" He asks. 

"Not really. I kind of was wanted to just chill and watch movies like we used to." You say.

"I love that idea." He says. 

You lift your arm and sniff. 

"Oh shit. I need to shower." You say, making a face.

Jared laughs loudly. 

"You're such a dork." He chuckles.

"Go find some movies to watch and pop some popcorn. I'll be down in a couple of minutes." You say.

"Okay." He smiles and heads down the hall. 

You jump in the shower. As you're washing up, you realize how caring Jared was. Not that he isn't normally caring but this time, there was more. He was so gentle and comforting. You also never really realized how handsome he is. Well, you have but again until now, you've never really paid a lot of attention to it. You've always had feelings for your best friend but you shoved those feelings down to prevent your relationship from being ruined. You pushed those feelings so far down that you really didn't even know they were there anymore. Especially since you had a boyfriend for such a long time, you had something to distract you from those feelings. Your ex wasn't too fond of Jared either. But now, these feelings seem to be back in full force. You love everything about Jared. He's loving, funny, handsome, and just all around a big ridiculous teddy bear. You love him with your whole heart. 

"I have to tell him." You whisper to yourself. 

You turn off the shower and change into your pajamas, heading to the living room. Jared is there with a huge bowl of popcorn and several blankets and pillows. 

"There you are. Feel better?" He asks. 

"Much better." You smile, flopping down on the couch next to him. 

He covers you with a blanket and you cuddle into his side. He starts the movie and for a while you're interested. Eventually you get bored and you start to watch Jared. You watch the way his blue grey eyes follow the screen, the way his eyebrows knit together when something important happens. These are the small things that you love about him. 

"Hey why are you staring at me?" He asks, finally looking at you.

You blush, embarrassed.

"I got bored." You giggle. 

"Whattt?! I thought this was a good movie." He says.

"You were never the best at picking them." You chuckle.

"Oh whatever." He says, rolling his eyes. 

I've got to tell him.

You take a deep breath and sit up, turning to face him.

"J--Jar?" You ask. 

He looks at you confused.

"Yeah?" He responds.

"Can I tell you something?" You say.

"Of course. Anything." He responds. 

You close your eyes and a tear slips out.

"Y/N what's wrong?" Jared says quickly. 

"Jar, you have to promise that you won't get mad." You say.

"Never." He says. 

"Jared. I love you. I love you more than a friend. You have always been there for me through everything. You have been the only constant thing in my life and I could never thank you enough for that. I truly love you Jared." You say, your voice cracking at the end. 

He looks shocked.

"Y/N why didn't you tell me earlier?" His face and voice softening. 

"Because I was so afraid of destroying what we have. So I pushed my feelings down over and over and over and I tried to convince myself that I didn't love you and I got a boyfriend. I was with him for five years and I wasn't happy because all I wanted was you." You say, tears falling down your face. 

Suddenly, he takes your face in his large hands and smashes his lips onto yours. You freeze at first but then melt into his touch, wrapping your arms around his neck. He pulls you closer by your waist and you both eventually have to pull away for air.

"I've waited for that for thirty years." He breathes.