s.w//nightmare

You're running. Running so hard and so fast that things are flying past you in a blur. Your lungs are screaming for air and your muscles are aching. You don't know how much longer you can go. You don't dare turn around to see if the creature is chasing you or if it's getting closer. All you can hear is your heart hammering in your ears and your breath raspy and irregular. Suddenly everything stops. You're in a dark room. You hear someone or something else in the room with you. You can hear it's labored breathing. 

"Hello?" You whisper.

"Y/N?" Sam calls out.

Sam.

The lights flip on and he's laying in the middle of the floor in a pool of blood. 

"Sam!" You scream, falling down next to him and pulling his head in your lap.

"Y/N." He smiles wryly. 

You can't find where he's bleeding from to stop it.

"Sammy stay with me. Stay awake." You sob.

"I--I can't. I'm so cold." He says.

"Listen to my voice. Focus on my voice, Sammy." You cry, stroking his hair.

"Y/N do you promise me that you'll go on without me?" He breathes heavily.

"I won't need to. You're gonna live." You whisper, tears falling down your face.

"I'm not. I need you to promise me that you'll go on." He says, his breathing becoming more and more labored. 

"I can't. I can't Sam." You sob.

"Yes, you can. You're strong. I love you." He whispers.

His chest heaves once more and the light fades from his eyes.

"Sam?" You whisper, shaking him.

No response.

"Sammy!" You scream, shaking him harder.

He's gone. He's gone...

You wake up, screaming and drenched in sweat. 

"Fuck!" Sam yells, shooting up in bed next to you.

You look at him, still screaming and crying. Dean comes racing in, kicking the door down, gun drawn.

"Sammy!" You sob.

"I'm here! I'm right here!" He says.

"What the hell is happening?" Dean shouts.

"Another nightmare. We're all good." Sam says.

Dean shakes his head and leaves the room. Sam pulls you into his lap and hugs you into his chest while you're still sobbing. 

"Shh." He says soothingly, stroking your hair. 

You're shaking and crying into his chest.

"It's alright, it was just a dream. I'm right here." He says.

You hold onto him for dear life as he rocks you back and forth calming you down. 

"You're alright." He says.

Eventually, you calm down and are laying, exhausted on Sam's chest. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He whispers.

"Not now." You respond raspily.

He nods and continues to hold you tightly. He touches his forehead to yours, stroking your arms with his large calloused hands.