#54- Next Stage

//A/N republished because i'm a dumbass who can't count, thanks to Holly_uwu for noticing ❤️❤️//

Josh's POV

'Can't we just stick a bag over his head or some shit? White van style?' Joshua asked.

'No. Doesn't work when there's a crowd. What, never kidnapped someone before?' J said.

'What?' I said.

'Don't worrry about it.' Said J.

Michael had left us about half an hour ago, after answering a couple more questions about the layout of the different Territories. Nothing that helped us, though. He had agreed to give us some planning time of how to get the others out of the office and how to get Phil to the exit. We hadn't gotten far. The most we had was a shaky plan for getting the others free- to pretend to take them to Phil- and that alone had taken us about an hour. So far we had nothing on kidnapping Phil other than Joshua and J's slightly worrying tips, and we were slowly giving up. It's not like we didn't have ideas, but every time we came up with one, J, who was lying face down on the floor, shut it down. His apparent expertise would explain a lot about my criminal record.

'Look, let's just wing it.' Ethan said.

'We're gunna have to anyway. We're all too stupid to come up with anything.' Tobi mumbled.

'Hey!' Ethan complained.

'How do we...?' Simon began.

'Umm... Michael? Can we go?' I said. Silence.

'Please?' Said Simon.

'See you soon, darlings. Goodbye, Simon.' Michael said, although we couldn't see him. Again, the details around us got blurry and I was back with Ethan in Grey Territory, lying on the floor. That was a relief, really- I was worried that Joshua would be in control, or worse, J. I awkwardly stood from where I had fallen on top of Ethan.

'Josh?' Ethan asked. I nodded, and looked around me; a barren office, a fire in the corner. We were alone, luckily. No doubt it would look a bit weird, two random Reds collapsed on the ground.

'You ready?' Ethan asked. I nodded again, and we started walking back to the others. 'Don't look so nervous.' Ethan said as we walked past a group of Reds.

'Not helping.' I whispered back. 'When I'm nervous enough for Joshua to come out, that's when you should help.'

The rest of the walk went by in silence- mainly to avoid causing suspicion- until we got to the door where our friends were. It was guarded by two Reds, each holding an axe. Well, there goes my plan of just walking in out the window.

'Hi?' I tired, before Ethan shoved me behind him and took over.

'We need the prisoners. Boss's orders.' Ethan said, elbowing his way past the guards and into the room. He managed to get through the door, but a guard grabbed my arm before I could follow.

'Ethan?' I called in panic. Joshua was going to take over, I could feel it. Ethan cursed and raised his axe, swinging it into the guard holding my arm. The guard screamed, falling away. Ethan didn't bother trying to pull his axe out of the Red's side, just grabbed mine and swung at the second Red. This one didn't scream, just collapsed to the floor, the axe embedded deep in his chest. Ethan quickly turned and finished off the first Red. I think I'm going to throw up. Once I'd finished dry heaving in the corner, I followed a now blood-soaked Ethan into the office.

'Simon!' I shouted, running over to the blond. I did my best to hug him, but he was still handcuffed.

'Oh, Josh. Thank God.' He replied. I crouched next to him and grabbed hold of the handcuff.

'Trust me, you're not undoing it like that.' Simon said, smiling slightly. I let go and turned around to face Ethan, who was dragging in the bodies from the corridor, as if the bloodstains wouldn't be enough for Reds to figure out that something had gone wrong.

'Maybe...' I began, sitting next to the first body and rifling through its pockets. Gagging as my hands brushed the wound, I managed to find a key in the jacket pocket. I went to Simon first, unlocking his cuffs. I tried to unlock JJ's cuffs next, but he insisted I helped Vikk first. I crouched beside him and Harry, who were cuddled together, unlocking each of their cuffs. Vikk quickly ran to JJ, who cradled the smaller boy with his free arm. After a few minutes of fumbling and swearing, all my friend were free. Now for the next stage.