#43- Hoping For The Best

A/N- 68k reads... nearly there lads...

Simon's POV

He wasn't wrong. Above us, white lights turned to red as the alarms reached fever pitch.

'Come on.' JJ said, kicking open another door and running through it. He was stopped in his tracks by the blackness beyond the doorway, along with a couple of people. Apparently we weren't the only ones imprisoned in this place. One of them went to swing at Ethan in raw panic, but Joshua stopped him.

'Chill, we just got out, like you. We're not gunna hurt you.' I said.

'What the fuck is going on out there?' One asked.

'There's a bunch of people trying to kill us.' Joshua said.

'What? Why?' Said the stranger.

'No idea. They've got axes and shit. It's mad.' JJ replied.

'Who are you guys?' Said the other newcomer. Joshua introduced us all, and the stranger explained that his name was Will, the people with him were George and Brian, and they had a few more waiting back where they came from- seven in total. Weird. They left 4 behind- Alex, Stephen, James and Niall- so they could scout ahead and make sure it was safe enough, which would have been a good idea to be honest. We talked for a while about what had been happening- they had been where they were for a little longer than us, and their rooms were the same, but they hadn't had the points system. At least, not one they could see. They had the same camera and speakers and, judging by their outfits, the same clothes situation. They also heard the same screams before their door was open. Whilst we talked, we had to stop every so often as footsteps ran past. Once, one of the red-suited guys opened the door, but Joshua was ready. Before we threw the Red off the edge of the platform, we searched him. We found what could be a map, but it wasn't in any language we could recognise. The place looked like a maze, with a control centre looking thing in the middle. One of the corridors was circled in marker, so we figured that was where the Red was patrolling, and where we were. We couldn't figure out anything else from it. Still, Joshua shoved it into his pocket. Eventually, Will, Brian and George agreed to go back and get the others whilst we carried on to try and find some way out. JJ originally wanted to split us up, leaving me, Harry and Vikk behind and scouting ahead with the others, but Vikk didn't want to be split from him. Plus, it never seemed to work out well in horror films, so we all left together. At this point, I didn't like our chances of getting out of there alive. Well, as alive as we are now. Despite that, we left the others behind and continued down the stark white corridors, hoping for the best.