#46- On Our Own

Josh's POV

While I hadn't seen the points since we left the rooms, I was still fairly certain which side I would have more points on. Joshua had been in change for way too long, and, judging by the fact that Joshua almost killed Tobi, and by the amount of blood coating the axe I found by my feet, he hadn't exactly been a nice guy. Simon told me what had happened while I was gone, but refused to tell me what Joshua actually did. That was enough to tell me it wouldn't be good. If what the Grey had apparently described happened, if we were judged, then I knew I would not end up on the good side. I would become a Red. It's not even like I had a chance of being good- every time I actually made progress on becoming a better person, on getting some good points, Joshua or J fucked me over and I ended up right where I started, or worse. The fact that this point system actually had a real effect, that it could mean turning into one of the Reds, really scared me. If anyone would Turn, it would be me. And I didn't know if I could take it.

'Josh, hey.' Said Simon from above me. 'Vikk's calmed down, we're going back out. Come on.' He said, offering a hand and helping me up. As I stood I noticed my arm; one sleeve was coated up to the shoulder in red.

'What the fuck?' I muttered as I took off my jacket, revealing orange cloth soaked in red. I tried to unite the makeshift bandage, but Simon put his hands over mine, stopping me.

'One of the Reds caught you, back when Joshua was first in charge. We stopped the bleeding, I think, but it's deep. Try not to mess with it- you've already lost too much blood.' Simon explained, trying and failing to hide the tremor in his voice.

'My day just keeps getting better and better.' I quipped, clutching the injury as Simon helped me get my jacket back on. 'Fuck, that hurts.'

'I know.' Simon said, taking my hand and making an attempt at a reassuring smile. I kept hold of his hand until we got to the doorway, where I let him go and took my axe from Ethan as we stepped out into white corridors bathed in red light. We stuck close together as we neared the A corridor, with everyone doing their best to keep me and Vikk away from the action- I was injured and, well, Vikk was Vikk. It didn't work for long- at B corridor a particularly insane looking guard stopped us and talked to us in some inhuman language. Simon fished around in my pocket and pulled out a piece of paper- presumably the map he had mentioned earlier- and waved it under the guards' nose. It didn't work; the guard shook his head again and waved us away.

Glancing behind him, I noticed what looked like a medical bay- several injured Reds were being bandaged up by a small table piled high with medical supplies. This could be helpful. I waved for the guards' attention and pointed at my injured arm, then at the pile of bandages just beyond. He reluctantly nodded and let me through, but only Ethan had time to follow before the guard stopped the others, waving them away again. I gave Simon a nod and mouthed 'go' before turning and leaving the others behind. Me and Ethan were on our own.