#45- Fucked

Simon's POV

'Alright, so less shitty teen vampire novel, more shitty zombie movie.' Joshua said. 'Great.'

'I'm fucked.' Harry muttered.

'Wait, how do we get out of here?' Ethan asked. He didn't get a response. The Grey was dead. 'Fucks sake.'

'Of course the first ally we find dies the second he hints at something helpful. Every fucking time.' Tobi complained.

'That was fun. Can we go now?' Joshua asked.

'Can we have Josh back yet?' Tobi retorted.

'Rude.' Joshua said, pouting.

'Are you ok?' JJ said to Vikk, who was breathing heavily. He shook his head. 'Shit. Here, sit down.' JJ instructed, crouching next to Vikk on the floor. 'Just breathe. You're ok, you're ok.' He closed his eyes and touched his forehead to Vikk's. I gave them some space and went to help Ethan and Tobi search through the pockets of the Grey's body. No maps this time. We searched for a couple of minutes and found nothing, so just pushed the body off of the edge. I'm sick of touching dead things.

'Don't be so fucking dramatic. What, scared of a little blood?' Joshua said, waving his bloodstained axe in Vikk's face.

'Fuck you, man. Leave them the fuck alone.' Tobi said, pushing Joshua away.

'What are you gunna do about it?' Joshua smirked, pushing Tobi back.

'Take one more step. Go on, take one more step.' Tobi said. I'd never seen him so angry. Joshua snickered, then grabbed Tobi's collar, dragging him over to the edge and holding his arm out so Tobi was left dangling over the darkness, just his toes still on the platform, clinging onto Joshua's wrist to stop himself from falling.

'Don't!' I yelled, grabbing Joshua and trying to pull him back. He just shrugged me off.

'What are you gunna do now, huh?' Joshua muttered, shaking Tobi. 'What now?'

'Fucking stop!' I shouted again. I didn't dare to try and pull him back again- one slip and Tobi would be gone.

'Prick.' Tobi whispered as he gripped Joshua's wrists. Joshua went to drop Tobi, but Ethan grabbed Tobi's wrist and stopped him from falling as Harry slammed the hilt of his axe into Joshua's knee. Joshua spun to face him.

'A little help?' Harry whispered fearfully as Joshua advanced on him. JJ stood and punched Joshua across the jaw, sending him stumbling back and almost to the edge, but I caught his arm. Again, I hated the guy's guts, but didn't want Josh to die (again). He yanked his arm out of my hand and shoved me back, raising his fist before hesitating, stepping away and falling over as his face went slack. His eyes went black, and Joshua was gone.

'Josh?' I asked, crouching beside him. He nodded and stared up at us in confusion.

'What happened?' He said, reaching up and touching my face. 'Are you ok?'

'Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.' I said, smiling. 'You?' I asked. Josh nodded before looking round at the others. Tobi was still hanging off the edge of the platform with Ethan and Harry holding onto his wrists as his legs swung in the darkness below. Me and Josh quickly scrambled up and helped the others haul Tobi back up onto the platform. Tobi shoved Josh away, but when he saw the hurt look on his face, he quickly apologised, realising his mistake.

'What's going on?' Josh asked. 'Why were you hanging off the edge, and why am I wearing this shitty red suit?'

'You pushed me. Well, Joshua did.' Tobi said. 'He's a real wanker.'

'We're trying to get to the centre, and we had to wear these to avoid getting caught.' I explained.

'Oh, cool.' Josh said. 'Hitman style.'

'My guy.' Tobi said, fist bumping Josh,

'Are we anywhere near the centre?' Josh asked.

'Yeah, actually.' JJ said from where he was sat with Vikk curled into his side. 'We just had to stop for a minute. Found a guy who was trying to fight the Reds, I think.'

'Oh, where is he?' Josh asked.

'Dead.' I replied.

'Ah.' Josh said.

'He wasn't dead when we found him.' Tobi said, doing his best to cheer Josh up.

'Let me guess, he died before he said anything remotely helpful?' Josh guessed.

'Pretty much.' I said. 'Said some spooky shit about us turning into one of them if we had too many bad points, though.'

'Well, that's us fucked.'