"Are you really illiterate? I thought you knew how to read and write." Kriti was astonished.

Raghav widened his eyes. "No.. Yes.. I mean you people like more of illiterate people as far as I've heard."

"Our village follows this but not literates like me."

"It means you like men who are educated!"

"Yes definitely and I hate men who make fun of studies like the way you did just a few minutes ago."

"You will hate me!"

Kriti chose not to answer because of the faces of the children who were staring at them intently. Raghav was getting angry and crazy both at the same time. He wanted to hit his head hard against the wall for trying to be such a fool.

He cooped himself up in the corner quietly while Kriti continued with her classes. He knew he had to do something again to win his good image before her.

***** 

Avyan was in time, waiting for his wife outside the hospital. By the early evening, he received her gladly and Jiyasha asked him the reason behind his happiness.

He hugged her instantly and replied, "You are very lucky for me, Jiyasha. After dropping you here in the morning, I rode all the way to Bengaluru's music centre. I had applied for the song recordings from New York itself and today, they recorded my voice. For the initial investigation, they went through all my concert videos in New York and they upvoted them. Rest they'll inform me in a week's time."

Jiyasha caught hold of his left arm and kissed his knuckles. "Oh my God! You are giving me a terrific news. It means my husband is going to become a very big name in India."

"I don't expect that much at the moment. We need to wait." He seated himself on the motorbike.

Jiyasha followed and said, "Avyan, I want to take you somewhere. Will you go with me?"

"I will willingly go anywhere with you, be it to heaven or to hell." He kickstarted the bike and she laughed. He added, "Come on now, show me the way."

Within half an hour, JIyasha and Avyan were in the Home meants for the thalassaemic children. She showed him the situations around and he felt as sympathetic as she was. The pale faces of the children were devoid of any happiness and it pained his heart inside out.

"What do you think Avyan, can we do something for them? Can I really do something for my village?" Jiyasha asked him as if he was her only expectataion in life and she knew he was the only one who  could fulfill all her dreams and hopes.

"I think we can do, give me some time," Avyan promised her.

Avyan busied himself befriending the little children while they were reluctant to come near him. He was a stranger as well as the fear of the children were preventing them from speaking to him. He simply smiled at them and thought, "I must do something so that they agree to start their treatment as soon as possible."

JIyasha received a call from Aditi. Jiyasha assured her that she would be home very soon. "Avyan, we need to reach home as soon as possible. We will come here some other day."

"Is the matters urgent?"

"You will understand once we get back."

***** 

Jiyasha rushed inside the house hurriedly and Aditi met her at the side of the entrance. "Jiyasha, she is back home and was looking for you."

"I will just go and meet her. Don't worry. Where is she?"