Forgiveness

ASHTON'S POV-

I was sitting in my office.It was raining really hard today.I looked outside the window to see a commontion outside.Someone had caused a bulgary and an old lady was fighting at the officers.

I smirked.Drama never stops in Newyork.

I went through the files of Fabio Marchesi.That guy is top of my hit list.After i kill him,i will quit the mafia world.I worked my ass off to become a lawyer and i love my job.

There was a knock on the door.

I looked around.

"Sir,Mr Salazar is here to see you."

I sighed.Of course.

"Yep.Please send him in and get a diet coke and a cold coffee with some chips too."

Max grinned and gave me a nod.

"Hi Ashton."

I smirked.

"Hi Dad."

"Long time.I would say that i am pleased to see but you see;mom did not teach me how to lie."

He shook his head and smiled at me.

"Glad to see that my kids have good morals.Now if you may allow,can i take a seat?"

I shrugged.

"What are you planning Ashton?Your mom is sick worried.You have not talked to her in the past six months.Even Carol is trying to contact but its just like you do not even want to associate.You do not like me;i get it.But your mom and sister!What is going on?"

"That dad,is a better way to keep them both safe.You know why i agreed to meet you.."

I was interruped when a staff brought the snacks in.

Dad looked at the coke and chips and smirked at me.

"So you remember what i prefer?"

I rolled my eyes.

"You used to stock our kitchen with coke cans and potato chips dad.Mom used to get so annoyed because Carol used to drink most of your coke and jump around the house."

"Hey dont blame everything on your sister.Even you used to chug down all the snacks."

I smiled and shook my head.I did do that.

"Anyway,now tell me why have you come to meet me apart from mom and Carol pestering you?"

He looked down.

"I got a message from Marchesi."

I was shocked.What!

Dad and his family were far far away from all this mafia shit.They were more into maintaining all the royal drama.Even mom and Carol had no connections.

I sat down.

"What did he say?You know this is where i am going to tell you to move back to Spain along with mom ?Right?"

"He told me he was coming for my son and his family.My daughter in law and my grandson.And no,i will send Lily to Spain but i am not going anywhere.Not anymore.Not when i know you are in so much danger."

I shook my head.

"You dont understand dad.This is not simple.I have been handling this since i was 16.I am the Mafia King,dad.I do not need your protection.I need an assurance that all you guys are just safe.I have a lot on my plate right now.I cant focus on keeping everyone in line.In Spain,you and mom are untouched.No harm can come to you guys."