21. they made me run from a wolf

December 16, 2017

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Salvatore Boarding Home

"Stefan, if Damon wants me dead, then I'm dead." Bonnie spoke into the phone to the vampire.

Poppy stood against the wall, a glass of blood in her hand. She wore a knitted sweater, red leather pants, and black flats. Her curly hair was in a ponytail, and her makeup was simple. 

"Why is he coming after you? It makes no sense."

Caroline wasn't too happy. "None of it makes sense. But we're gonna need weapons, lots of them." She sighed. "The throne is empty."

Poppy brought the glass to her lips and took a drink. Stefan had been moving things around so that Caroline's kids could live there every now and then. Stefan and Caroline were getting married, which Poppy was more than happy about.

"Right. Yeah, sorry, I was child-proofing, but the crossbows are still in the library. Listen, I'm gonna try to track Damon and, with any luck, the drone will lead us back to the queen."

"And when will you find her?" Poppy asked.

"Ric's still working on that part. Your deadline just got moved up. You don't have days. You have hours."

Poppy sighed, turning and leaving the room. She walked to the foyer and straight for the bar table, opening a bottle of bourbon and pouring it into the blood. She then placed the glass lid back on and set it down. She closed her eyes and brought it to her lips again, swallowing most of its contents.

"It looks like you're having a tough time. Trouble in paradise?." A woman spoke, and Poppy immediately turned around, face to face with someone she hadn't seen before, and she was merely inches away. 

December 6, 2017 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home

Ten Days Before

"Mommy! Mommy!" The front doors of the Boarding Home swung open, revealing the one and only Marcellus Gerard and two little kids, Archie and Melody. 

Poppy turned around, standing in the foyer with Caroline, and a large smile formed on her face. She was overjoyed, her heart swelling, and she knelt down holding her arms open wide. Melody was first to reach her mother's arms, and then Archie. The mother hugged them tightly, tears pricking her blue eyes before she closed them. She opened them after a long moment and began pecking kisses all over their faces. 

"Oh, I missed you two so much!" She exclaimed happily, still peppering with tiny kisses. 

Melody scrunched her nose and leaned her head back. "Mommmyyy no more kisses!" 

Poppy laughed a bit and released them from her embrace. "All right, you two. Go find Grandpa Stefan and give him a big hug. This house is huge so don't get lost!" Melody giggled in reply and took Archie's hand, and the two of the ran away from the foyer. 

Marcel was next in the short waiting line of hugs. He was patient, but it was wearing thin. He missed his sister more than anyone else, and he doesn't travel with two kids for just anyone. He smiled when Poppy stood up, and he held his arms open. 

Poppy smiled and hugged him tightly. 

"Hey, Little M." Marcel smiled, placing a kiss on the top of her head. The two separated from the hug, and the brother looked around. "Where's Silas?" 

Endgame ⚜ Sweet but PsychoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara