{oo8}

I was singing along to the radio as I pulled into my driveway a week after my date with Opie. I parked my truck and climbed out grabbing the groceries I just bought. When I got to the door it was already hanging slightly ajar.

I knew immediately something wasn't right and back tracked to my truck. I pulled my gun from the glovebox and set my groceries on the ground before pulling out my phone. I dialed my dad and got no answer so I called Opie.

He picked up on the first ring. "Hey Lyssa." He answered.

"Need you to come to my house right now... I think someone broke in." I said quietly.

"I'm on my way don't move. Do you have a gun?" He asked frantically.

"Yes. Hurry Ope please." I pleaded.

"I'll be right there baby, just hang tight." He told me.

I hung up the phone and couldn't help but feel butterflies when he called me baby. I stayed right by my truck door my gun gripped firmly in my hands. I knew Des wasn't home because she texted me an hour ago she was headed to Lodi to see her parents. So that eased my anxiety a lot.

I remained right where I was even as I heard the rumble of bike engines drawing closer. By this point I was shaking. It's been a long time since I've had to worry about or deal with shit like this so the fear was real. I turned slightly to see seven bikes pull up to my house. Dad, Opie, Jax, Juice, Bobby, Tig and Happy all jumped off and Dad came straight to me and pulled me into his arms.

"Are ya okay? Are ya hurt?" He asked, his accent thicker than ever.

"I'm fine Dad. I stayed right here and didn't move. No one came out or anything." I explained.

Dad breathed a huge sigh of relief as he stepped away from me. Immediately Opie pulled me to his chest and held me. He didn't say a word he just pulled back and looked down at me. "I'm okay Opie. I promise." I told him.

He leaned down and kissed me then, right in front of everyone. He pulled back and hugged me again. I could feel his heart racing in his chest. He pulled away and turned walking up toward my door gun in hand. Jax looked at me grinning and shook his head.

"Is Des home?" Happy's gruff voice asked me, a panicked look in his eyes.

"No Hap. She went to Lodi to see her mom and dad." I told him laying a hand on his arm.

The relief that swept across his face was evident as he walked up behind Opie. Tig was injured so he was staying with me, while everyone went to check it out. Tig hugged me with his good side. "You sure you're alright sweet heart?" He asked feeling me quaking beneath his arm.

"No. I haven't had to deal with shit like this in a long time Tig... I don't even know why they'd come after me." I vented.

"Because you and Opie sure are getting close and with him being Jax's VP it could be a club thing. But, do you have anyone personally that might do this?" Tig asked me.

"I- I don't know. I don't see Jeremy breaking into my house but he was really pissed with me when I left him." I shrugged not really sure.

Opie appeared just then with a look of pure rage on his face, it honestly scared me. "Come here." He grumbled opening his arms to me.

I stepped into them and felt his tense body relax a little as he took deep breaths. When he seemed calm enough I stepped back. "What is it Opie?" I asked concerned.

All the guys came walking out with pissed off looks on their faces and Opie sighed. "I think you need to see it... I don't think I can explain this..." He shook his head.

I nodded and looked at Tig, who looked as confused as me and we both followed Opie into my house. Everything so far looked like it hadn't been touched but when we got to my bedroom I was horrified. Awards I'd won taken off the walls, my diplomas frames were smashed on the ground. The bed had some sort of wet substance all over it, photographs of me, me and Des, me and Opie even ones from back when Opie and I were kids, and as teenagers.

"Oh my god..." I whispered shocked.

"There's a letter too..." Opie mumbled handing it to me.

I unfolded it and as soon as I read the header, I knew who did this. Inside was also photos of Opie and Donna and who I presume to be Lyla. I handed the photos to Tig as I read the letter.

To my forever love, my Lyssa Bean,

I could have given you to world Alyssa. If you'd have just said yes. I could have given you so much more than this goof can. He left you when you were kids, why would you expect any different now. He can never love you like I can Alyssa.

Does he even know how to make you tick like I do? The ways I could make you squirm. The ways you would beg for me.

Can he give you the life you deserve Lyssa? Can he keep you safe? Can he give you a family?  Can he do what I can for you?

You belong with me Alyssa. Not this ape man. You know where to find me when you realize this.

P.S, I'm sorry Alyssa, I didn't mean to loose my temper. I just can't stand seeing you with this guy who hurt you so badly.

I still love you Lyssa Bean.
-The one who TRULY loves you.
Jeremy M.

I dropped the letter and put both my hands over my mouth. "How... What... Oh god..." I stuttered in shock.

I felt my knees going weak, and thank go Opie had quick reflexes because he caught me before I fell over. "I'm here Lyss." He whispered holding onto me.

"I'm calling the police. I'm getting a restraining order. I'm doing this legally. If he doesn't follow it, then you guys have free reign." I said sternly.

Opie and Tig nodded and I steadied myself walking outside. I dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello, I'd like to report a break in and vandalism."