FORTY NINE

»»————««

CAMILLE

I opened my eyes when I felt the warm Parisian sunlight beaming through the thin curtains which covered the tall doors that opened up onto the balcony. Charles and I stayed outside for a few hours last night, talking into the darkness about our lives and how happy we were with one another. I felt so content after last night, even though I was feeling a little more exhausted today, after not getting too much sleep. I was comfortably lying on my stomach, with Charles' arm wrapped loosely over my back, his face within close proximity to my own. I was able to feel his warm breaths hitting my skin as he exhaled heavily every second or so. The sound of his breathing was reassuring, and it was a noise that I could definitely get used to waking up next to.

His eyes were shut tightly and he was as still as a baby, his hair messily covering his forehead, but even still, he looked as gorgeous as ever. I admired him and his beauty, knowing that I would definitely never be so lucky to find anybody as handsome as Charles in my lifetime. I knew that it was important to enjoy our last couple of days in Paris, because for a while, this was the last proper break we would have outside of Monaco, unless we decided to spontaneously fly out to Amsterdam and visit my parents. Charles was yet to meet my family, but he was officially meeting mama and papa in Belgium, across mine and Max's official home race weekend. I couldn't wait to introduce him, because I knew that he would get along so well with my parents. This year's Belgian Grand Prix was going to be an awfully special one for myself, because Charles would be there to celebrate such an iconic weekend with myself, my friends and my family.

Charles shortly began to grunt and groan as he stirred from his sleep, the grip he had on my waist completely loose now as he took a few seconds to recollect himself. He then pulled me even closer into his warm chest. I nestled my face in his neck and took in his warmth, along with his homely scent, his arms wrapping even tighter around me.

"Good morning, princess," his voice was low and deep, his words dragging from his lips as they traced across my forehead. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Very well." I nodded, cuddling closer to his body and pulling the bedsheets further over our heads. Charles opened his eyes, a smile creeping onto his face as soon as he saw me lying beside him. He lifted his hand to my face and brushed the hair away from my eyes.

"You look beautiful." His voice was so calming, so soft and I melted each time he spoke to me like that. I'd been thinking for a while. I really did feel ready to move forward, but I didn't know how to openly tell him that's what I wanted. I felt comfortable enough to be honest with him, but I was terribly afraid in case it came out wrong, in case it sounded differently to how I heard it in my head. Maybe he wouldn't be ready and i was rushing into something that would come naturally; but to me, it did feel natural now.

"I'm ready," I whispered, whilst dragging my eyes up to meet his own. He looked at me, confused, but with a slight grin on his lips. He didn't seem to catch on though, because he remained silent. I felt defeated, but changed my mind when Charles cupped my chin with his index and middle fingers. "I want to take things to the next step, with you."

His eyes widened when he realised what I meant, my stomach sinking because I didn't know if he felt the same way or not, "really? Do you feel ready for that? I don't want to pressure you, Camille."

"No, Charles, I'm ready. I've been thinking about it and I trust you. I want to try." I gave him a confident nod, as he sat up and pushed the duvet away. He reached his hand out for my body and began to run his fingers slowly down my thigh. I whimpered at the feeling of his warm fingertips making contact with my skin.