ELEVEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

{ CHARLES: I'm in Monaco for a few days now and I was wondering if you'd like to meet up with me this evening if you haven't already made plans? X

CAMILLE: That sounds really good to me, let me know when and where, I'll be there :) X

CHARLES: Meet me on the corner by your apartment at 7 :) x }

--

I looked at myself in the mirror one final time, biting my lip as I ran my hands down my outfit. After spending an hour on FaceTime with Victoria, pulling almost every piece of clothing I owned from my wardrobe multiple times, I finally decided on the perfect outfit to wear on this warm Monaco evening. I dressed in a cropped black t-shirt and a pair of washed out denim shorts, throwing a white cardigan with black lines printed in a pattern across my shoulders. I shoved my feet into my white converse and left the skin on my face bare, after applying a face mask earlier that morning.

Five minutes before seven, I grabbed my phone and keys to mine and Max's apartment, before slipping out of the door quietly. Max was at Daniel's apartment, so I didn't need to worry about him questioning me when I left to meet Charles. I didn't want him to know about this just yet because I wasn't certain about my feelings. I was nervous and I'd not stopped messaging Victoria all day, terrified in case something would trigger me to remember something I'd rather not think about. She was always so quick to reassure me that I would have a lovely time with him and that I had nothing to worry about, which I knew was right. Charles wouldn't hurt me, because he knew Max would absolutely destroy him if he ever found out, but most importantly, he wasn't like that. Not all boys were the same.

"Hey, Camille," Charles' voice was comforting, a smile curling on his lips as I rushed across the road to meet him on the other side. His feet were carefully balanced on the edge of the curb. I glanced up into his eyes, my stomach flipping when I admired the unique shade of colour. He made me feel things I didn't think it was possible to feel and that was simply by looking at him. Charles took my wrist into his hand and I froze, but relaxed as his lips grazed over the skin on my knuckles. "You look so pretty tonight."

I could feel my bare cheeks heating up as his soft stare intensified on my face. I stepped up onto the pavement beside him, smiling in thanks after his compliment.

"Thank you, Charles," his fingers loosened their grip on my wrist and my hands now fell down by my sides. I admired the clothes he was wearing, a simple white t-shirt and a pair of blue denim jeans, his hands shoved awkwardly in his pockets. I never realised how shy he was. "It's so lovely to see you. I'm sorry for the last time, and each time before that."

Charles shook his head as we began walking along the pavement. I felt different being in his company this time, in a good way. I looked at the boy who was walking closely beside me and admired his features; the way his lips curled up when he smiled and how they moved slowly when he opened his mouth to speak to me. His eyes blinked slowly as he followed the pavement in front of us.

"Don't apologise," he sighed, as we turned right and headed towards the direction of the harbour. It was almost as if he'd read my mind and was fully aware of my favourite location in Monte Carlo. The harbour was beautiful, my favourite place to walk along on a nice day. "I don't need an apology or an explanation. You're here with me right now and that's all that matters to me."