TEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

On Sunday evening, whilst Max and Victoria were still in China, a message flashed up on my phone screen.

VICTORIA: Somebody asked me to pass this number on :) Lots of love, we're missing you xxx <attachment>

I was shocked when I figured that the number Victoria had sent me belonged to Charles and I didn't know how to react. I thanked Victoria and saved his number, but I didn't message him. I didn't know what I was supposed to say to him and I thought that maybe waiting for Victoria to arrive home in Amsterdam would be best, because I could meet her before I flew back to Monaco to ask for her advice.

--

I drove across to the studio in central Amsterdam, where mine and Mila's shoot was being held this morning. The roads were somewhat quiet for a Monday morning. I'd woken to a message from both Victoria and Max; Victoria asked how I was feeling and whether I'd messaged Charles yet, whereas Max simply told me he was excited to see me and he loved me. I was headed back to Monaco tomorrow morning, Max agreeing to collect me from the airport when I landed. I was excited to see Victoria tonight, as we decided to go out for dinner once I finished my shift.

I pulled up in front of the location of the shoot, glancing around me to see if I could spot Mila's car. No sign of her yet. I exhaled, leaning back in the seat, I didn't want to head inside until I'd seen her. I always preferred walking in with her, as it made me feel more comfortable, especially when we were shooting at a brand new location.

I was exhausted. Yesterday evening, I had dinner with my parents and I stayed up with them for a while. I was yet to tell them about Charles, I didn't want to worry them because I knew how upset they were after the incident in Belgium. I remembered Max coming to collect me after I screamed to him down the phone, thankfully he was in Hasselt visiting family at the time and after it happened, he was the first person I called. I don't know how we timed it so well; I was so lucky that Max was in the country when I needed him more than ever. He let me stay at his house to sober up, but I didn't sleep. I cried in his arms all night, absolutely terrified to close my eyes because each time I did, I remembered everything that happened in the club. I could never forget the look on my parents' faces as I broke down in front of them when Max took me over to tell them.

I didn't sleep one bit last night, I couldn't stop thinking about Charles. I tossed and turned all night, burying my head into the pillow as I tried to get him off my mind. I was tempted to text him, just so that the thought of him would disappear. When my alarm went off at seven, I had closed my eyes only to rest them and was so close to falling into a deep sleep, but I was disturbed. I groaned and rolled out of bed, heading straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

I noticed Mila heading towards my car, so I reached for my phone and my bag, climbing out of the vehicle and locking my car behind me. I smiled as she took me into her arms.

"It's so good to see you!" She rocked my body side to side as she held me in her embrace. It was nice to see her again. "I've missed you. How's things?"

"I'm exhausted, I didn't sleep last night," I bit on my lip as we rushed up the steps towards the front door. "I haven't really spoken to Charles because I don't know how I really feel about him. I just can't stop thinking about him."