Chapter 34: Wedding Preparations

Start from the beginning

   And that brings us to now, Raymond and Ernesto standing outside of the store and next to the car; they had driven to the store. "Well," Ernesto said, looking over to his youngest brother. "What do you think?"

   Raymond looked over the store, uncertain. His brother had explained what they were doing while they were in the car, including the fact that they were planning a wedding for him and his Rose; a part of him was ecstatic about the concept of being married to his beloved, another was surprised that it was happening both because none of them wanted him to get in trouble with their dad and the fact that he was about to start his own family, and another part of him just felt conflicted about it all.

   "...It looks like a jewelry store." Raymond simply said, hearing his eldest sibling chuckling.

   "Alright, wise bot," Ernesto rolled his eye at Raymond, gently pushing the bot forward. "Let's go inside and see what type of rings there are inside." Ernesto opened the door, seeing a lot of jewelry set up not only in displays but also in special boxes and in photoshopped posters.

   "O-kay," Raymond said, surveying the area. "I'll admit, they have a good eye for decor." Ernesto nodded, too engrossed in how the store looked to respond verbally.

   "Ah, thank you kindly good sir." Raymond and Ernesto looked over to where the voice was and saw one of the employees here.

   He looked to be a male in his mid-thirties with slicked-back hazel hair that didn't pass his shoulders in length, big, black eyes with faint eyebags underneath, a small, pointed nose, and a smile that only rich and smug people can pull off. He was wearing a velvet red tux jacket with an ivory ascot tucked in just enough to show he was of the upper class, velvet black dress pants, and black dress shoes that were slip-ons. He also looked to be half mouse, judging from the cream-colored fur that covered his skin, the big, circular mouse ears on his head, and short stature that caused him to only come up to the end of Raymond's elbows. He didn't seem to have a tail though.

   "I can certainly tell that you must have good taste in jewelry if you came here of all places." The mouse-man hybrid extended a hand out to Raymond. "My name is Walter Martin."

   Raymond hesitantly took Walter's hand, trying his hardest to not strain the fake smile on his face. "I'm Raymond, and this is my brother Ernesto." Raymond let go of Walter's hand and pointed to where Ernesto was standing, waving at the hybrid employee.

   "How can I help you, Raymond?" Walter asked, folding his hands behind his back. "May I interest you in a diamond-crystal necklace?" Walter pulled out a shiny necklace in a fancy-looking case, the light bouncing off of it almost making the two brothers blind just from looking at it.

   "Uh," Raymond carefully peered over from behind the safety of his arm, praying to Cob that his oculus receptors didn't explode. "Actually, we're here to shop for rings."

   Walter's smiled dropped, seemingly disappointed. "Oh," Walter said, closing the case and putting it on a nearby display of earrings. "Well, we also have some great rings to offer." Walter clasped his hands together as he put his smile back on his face. "Tell me, what type of rings are you gentlemen interested in?"

   This time, it was Ernesto's turn to talk. "We're looking for wedding rings, more in particular, this type of wedding ring." Ernesto showed Walter the type of wedding rings Raymond liked the most during the car ride over here. The employee's eyes lighting up with delight when he saw it.

   "Oh, an excellent choice, good sir!" Walter exclaimed, his joy sounding more real. "The engravable wedding bands are our best items for weddings this time of year. If I may ask, which of you are getting married?"