12.

"I can't believe we're doing this," Zane comments, stepping out of Katelyn's car, Kawaii Chan following from behind. Katelyn rolls her eyes and sets her keys in her pocket; she leads her two friends into the building. They meet a friendly looking lady and the counter who smiles brightly.

     "Hello, I'm Anna!" She greets, pointing to her name tag on the left side of her chest. "How can I help you this lovely evening!"

     Katelyn smiles at the blonde haired lady and replies,

     "Well my friends here are booked for the escape room!"

     The lady nods and walks around the counter, leading them to a door that has in bright letters,

Escape Room!

     "Now here's the rules: No bags, phones, cameras, pens, or papers can be brought with you; do not vandalize the rooms, if clues are found, please set them on a desk; if you break rules, we will stop the game! Please sign this waiver!" The lady hands Zane and Kawaii Chan a waiver and they both sign it. They turn in their items to her and turn to Katelyn.

     "Alrighty! Have fun!" Katelyn says, walking away.

     Anna opens the first door and sends Zane and Kawaii Chan inside before letting herself out and locking the door behind her.

"So...," Zane starts, looking around, "where do we begin?"

" Kawaii Chan doesn't know."

Zane shrugs and starts looking around the room. It looks like a bedroom setting. There is a bed in the corner of the room with a white mattress, there's a bookshelf in one corner, a table in the middle, a lamp, a desk, and of course the door leading to the other room.

Kawaii Chan notices a shoe at the corner of the room containing a slip of paper buried under the shoe laces. She grins and picks up the shoe.

"Zane Kun! Kawaii Chan found one!"

Zane turns to look over at Kawaii Chan and makes his way over to her.

"It says...,"

" Once was useful, once was fun, entertained the bored souls. Now usually found lost in the dust."

"This doesn't make any sense to Kawaii Chan." Kawaii Chan shakes her head and scratches her ear before taking a seat on the bed. Zane takes the note and hums to himself, thinking what the note could possibly mean. His face scrunches up slightly and he stares around the room.

"Lost.. in the dust.."

"Zane Kun, what is something that used to be both useful and entertaining, but is now found in dust?" Kawaii Chan questions, looking up to Zane. Suddenly she watches his face change to one of realization. His face turns quickly, his bangs quickly flying up, nearly revealing his hidden eye. He's now facing the bookshelf and walking towards it.

"Whoever wrote this sucks at clues," Zane comments, tracing the books with his fingers until something suspicious catches his eyes. He just collects more and more dust on his finger.

"Zane Kun! Wait!" Kawaii Chan stands up and leans down to the lower part of the bookshelf, picking up a bright colored book found in the lower corner.

"Lost in dust huh?"

"Must've been a deceiving clue! Trying to trick us!" Kawaii Chan states, giggling a little. Zane hums in consideration and leans down to where Kawaii Chan is leaning. She opens the book and finds a key.

"Yes!" Kawaii Chan cheers. She stands up quickly and unlocks the door, smiling brightly as it works and they enter the next room.

They both walk in and take a look at this room. The room seems to have a nice supply of important items and a button in the middle of the room with a note. This note reads,