5.

"Aphmau, where were you the other day?" Katelyn asks somewhat worried.

     "Um.. I just wasn't feeling too well. I had um a bad cough!" Aphmau lies. Katelyn doesn't believe her, but she decides to drop the subject anyways.

     "Aphmau Senpai is blushing!" Kawaii Chan notices and shouts.

     "What? No she's- I'm not!" Aphmau squeals, covering her rosy red cheeks.

    Kawaii Chan smirks and pokes Aphmau's nose, giggling afterwards.

     "Aphmau Senpai is still blushing! Were you with Aaron Kun?" Kawaii Chan asks excitedly, her tail swaying fast.

     "Ah! No!" Aphmau cries out in embarrassment, lightly pushing Kawaii Chan away. Aphmau can't help but smile through her embarrassment though.

     Kawaii Chan giggles and Katelyn shakes her head, smirking. Aphmau drops her shoulders and smiles at Kawaii Chan and Katelyn.

     "Honestly though, were you with Aaron?" Katelyn asks, her laughter dying down and her tone becoming more sincere.

    "Um...," Aphmau bites her lip and nods, rubbing her arm with her hand.

     "Why didn't Aphmau Senpai just tell us that in the first place?" Kawaii Chan asks with a light giggle, tilting her head a bit.

     Aphmau shrugs, laughs, and says, "Let's practice!" She obviously uses this as a cover up so she doesn't have to explain the full truth, but Katelyn and Kawaii Chan decide not to question it.

———

Zane finishes his practice and hasn't decided on a song yet. He wants to do something new or different; in other words, he wants to feel like he's worth something great. He changes into a sweater that says, "Not Fluent in Socializing" across the chest and a pair of sweatpants.

     He walks out of the bathroom and makes his way down the hallway with the sign up sheets. He shrugs and strolls over to the sign ups, reading them carefully.

Single Team

Duo Team

Group Team

     He squints, noticing that on the duo team, Aphmau and Aaron are next to each other. He hums in surprise, then looking to see Katelyn and Kawaii Chan weren't signed up either. 'Did they all just... split up?' Zane wonders. He walks away from the sheets and suddenly someone trips from the stairs following with another person falling on top of the first person.

     He squints his eyes and groans in disappointment once he notices the two idiots who just collapsed from the stairs.

     "Could you two get a room? You're making me nauseous," Zane teases in an unamused tone.

     Laurance laughs as he pushes Garroth off from the top of him.

     "Your presence makes me nauseous!" Laurance says back at Zane, snorting afterwards.

     "Aw baby brother, are you grumpy?" Garroth asks, running to Zane and wrapping Zane in a tight hug.

     "Garroth! Let go!" Zane yells through Garroth's shirt, trying to push his brother away.

     "Not until you smile!"

     "Garroth, you imbecile, you can't see my smile!"

      "Oh, I guess you're right!"

     Garroth releases Zane and Zane catches his breath, sending an angry glare to his brother.

     "We're going to a party with some friends, wanna come with?" Garroth asks, now leaning on a wall and smiling.