8.

"Is she going to be here soon?" Zane asks impatiently to himself, checking the time on his phone and groaning. He paces around the room, obviously bored and annoyed, and he goes to plug his phone into a speaker and hits shuffle. His top bands are P!ATD, TØP, and MCR. He occasionally listens to Paramore if he's truly in the mood.

     He gets a head-start and stretches. He had scheduled this practice for two days after they decided to team so they could decide on a song and get started on their dance. He hears the door open and looks over to see Kawaii Chan. Not just Kawaii Chan though, a slouching, sad, Kawaii Chan.

"Kawaii Chan, you're late," Zane states despite the look of sadness on her face.

"Kawaii Chan is sorry," Kawaii Chan sniffles, her cheeks puffing up, "She was just dealing with something."

"Yeah yeah yeah. I already stretched, I'll wait for you to stretch before we get started."

Kawaii Chan slumps her shoulders and lets her bag fall off of her shoulder. She heads to the middle of the room, sniffling, and she begins her stretches. Zane lowers his eyebrows and notices Aphmau peeping her head through the door silently; she motions for him to head over there. Zane saunters over to her and listens to what she has to say.

"Her and her boyfriend split up."

Zane's eyes widen and he snorts.

"Is this a joke?"

Aphmau shakes her head.

"I'm serious!"

"How?"

"I'm honestly not too sure. I just thought I'd tell you."

"Oh okay.."

"Bye!" Aphmau sneaks off to her dance room and Zane turns around, seeing Kawaii Chan now crying.

"What a nightmare..." Zane thinks.

———

"What song are we doing?" Katelyn asks, leaning forward to touch her toes.

"I Don't Wanna Live Forever~" Travis sings in response before he's being shoved by Dante.

"Um no, I thought we agreed on Uptown Funk!" Dante argues.

A sigh is heard from Katelyn as she stands up. She knows exactly what kind of song they need. They need something classical with a hip hop beat or something that starts out slow, but still gains that beat.

"What about Billie Eilish?" Katelyn asks, standing up and dusting off her pants.

Travis and Dante look at each other.

"Who?"

Katelyn groans and says,

"You know, cool-creepy girl. Here I'll play a song of hers," Katelyn connects her phone to a speaker and scrolls through music and plays one of Billie Eilish's songs.

Bite my tongue, bide my time
Wearing a warning sign
Wait 'til the world is mine
Visions I vandalize
Cold in my kingdom size
Fell for these ocean eyes

You should see me in a crown
I'm gonna run this nothing town
Watch me make 'em bow
One by one by, one
One by one by
You should see me in a crown—

"What do you think?" Katelyn asks, tying her hair up in a ponytail.

"It's not really... what our style is like," Travis blurts out.