The Calm before the Storm

Clair POV

Life has been nothing but a roller coaster this last few weeks; but I'm glad to to inform you, that things are finally settling down. At least for now.

Sometimes I even find my self relaxing on the couch one minute, to the next contemplating life as a whole; because if you think about it, isn't crazy how just a few months ago my life was as normal as it could get around here.

However, was is normal around here, without some drama involve. As crazy as that sounds.

As for Travis, he is slowly getting his memories back. Sometimes I find him laying on the couch with his knuckles almost turning purple because the memory is so painful. And sometimes he just lays there peacefully, smiling at something far across time and distance.

Those moments although sometimes painful for the both of us, are the moments that motivates us to keep moving forward. Because they remind us that no matter how hard life might seem at that instance we would always get through them, together, as a family.

As for the baby, the doctor says it's healthy and growing normally. In fact we are finding out the gender in about three weeks, which is pretty exciting. I'm hoping for a girl, but either way, this baby is going to be so loved and spoil by all of us.

The baby was the one that brought Travis and I closer together after the whole amnesia thing.

It happen just a few days after Travis got released from the hospital. He had been staying at his brother house, because he felt more comfortable there. Which makes sense since he didn't remember me.

It started out being a chaotic morning all together. In one hand I had Tyler, who wouldn't stop crying not even to eat his breakfast. Which was understandable because it's was obvious that he wanted his daddy back. And as much as I try to explain to him why that couldn't happen, at least for now, he was still to young to comprehend all of that.

And that was not even the worst thing, my morning sickness was getting worse and worse. That if it wasn't for Tyler, who got me out of bed, I would probably be laying in it right now.

The doctor, however, said it was normal. But I still worry especially because I didn't want anything happening to the baby.

I try to put the pain aside and just focused on Tyler, but for some reason that wasn't working to well right now. So I did the next best thing, I called Lissa, to see if she could come over and help me with Tyler, at least for a short while. But she wasn't answering her phone.

Which is how I ended up calling Travis. I hadn't spoken to him, since that one time at the hospital; but right now I was desperate.

He sounded hesitant at first, but one he heard how bad I sounded; he told me he was on his way here.

Travis POV

When the phone started ringing I was honestly debating if I should answer the phone. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't because I was avoiding her; it was simply because I didn't know how to react when I'm with her.

My head can't physically remember her, but somehow my heart can. And right now my heart is screaming for me to answer the phone; so against all other judgment I finally answer