6~ I Am Once Again The Odd One Out. Momentarily.

I bring you updates! :)

~Percy~ 

"IMPERICANCE!" The hat screamed. I just stood there a little awkwardly, pulling off the hat and placing it on the crumbling stool. 

Wait... I thought that there was only four houses? I questioned to myself, trying to catch up. 

Every person in the room (other than the Stolls, they were trying to swipe some gold plates off a table) stared at me for at least a millennia before they finally snapped out of it. McGonagall shot me a look that plainly stated 'we'll talk about this later.' 

There was no table for me, so I just went back to my friends. They were all trying to stifle laughter. "Perry Johnson once again becomes the subject of attention and gossip!" Leo announced quietly in his best Mr. D voice. A few of the students heard, and looked at us weirdly when we all burst out laughing. The Headmistress looked ruffled, but called the next name. 

~Clarisse~ 

"La Rue, Clarisse." 

I picked up the hat, glared at it just because I could, and slammed it on my head.  

Ah, another one. Well, you're quite the same as Percy. As a demigod, you hold many of the traits that the founders valued, making you harder and easier to place at the same time. I've been waiting for demigods for centuries now. I believe you belong in...

"IMPERICANCE!" 

Murmurs spread through the hall as I pulled off the hat and put it back not-so-gently. 

"Well, Prissy. I guess you're not the only one that's special!" I told him happily. 

McGonagall continued, now looking skeptical and a little suspicious. 

——————Magic Time Skip Cause I Don't Feel Like Doing All of Them——————

~Percy~ 

"IMPERICANCE!" The hat shouted once more. Frank took it off his head and walked over to us. The magic folk looked very confused. We had all gotten sorted into a 'house that doesn't exist'. 

(A/N: Now I know you're all thinking 'they all got sorted into the same house? How unrealistic is that?' But all will be explained. Eventually. It might take a while to drag the backstory out of me... 😉) 

Frank took his place next to us on the edge of the room, and McGonagall moved on, still looking distinctly ruffled, like a cat who had been rubbed the wrong way. 

The first years filed in, taking their place at the front. That was when the hat began to sing. 

"Now I know most of you may think you've seen all, 

And many magic folk a year graced this hall, 

But you have not even gotten a glance, 

At the tale of  Ignatia Impericance! 

She was the fifth, 

and thought a myth, 

But oh no, Ignatia Impericance was real, 

And now her house will return with zeal, 

If you thought you knew all about this school, 

Then you thought yourself a fool. 

Hogwarts has many secrets, 

And I'm the one to keep it, 

So will you be brave Gryffindor, 

And bring your courage up some more? 

Or will you be cunning Slytherin, 

And learn that ambition comes from within?

You may be intelligent like Ravenclaw, 

And jump into knowledge's maw, 

Then lets not forget fair Hufflepuff 

Loving but fierce, they know their stuff! 

Finally there's Impericance, 

Who will now get their chance! 

Remember I've done this for years,

So don't shed any tears,

If you get in a different place than you expected,  

Because it might be better than you first guessed it! 

The hall was silent for a few seconds, then exploded into applause. The first years seemed confused, their brows pulling together in concentration as they tried to figure out what on earth Impericance was. 

"Abbot, Claire!" Minnie shouted. I don't know why I decided to call her Minnie, but it fit her. And it sounded sorta like 'McGonagall'. 

Claire got placed in Gryffindor, and she ran to the red and gold table, smiling so hard I was suprised that her face didn't break. Minnie got about a fourth of the way through the list without incident. 

A girl with warm chocolate brown eyes, and fair blonde hair stepped up. She had an air of maturity around her, and something in her eyes reminded me of a demigod. I could tell that she wasn't one (there was no aura at all) but she might have been a clear sighted mortal- I mean muggle. 

She sat on the stool, and the hat was lowered over her head. It slipped over her eyes, and after a few seconds, the hat shouted out, "IMPERICANCE!" 

Our group sat, stunned, for a second, then began hollering and stomping our feet. We didn't have a table to bang on, but we were most definitely the loudest house. Us demigods are loud. I won't even try to deny it. (Leo pulls out hammer and quickly repairs 4th wall)

She smiled, running over to us. "Hello! Also, where's the table?" 

I grinned back. "Well, none of us really knew that Impericance was a house until we got sorted into it, so they're working on that right now. Also, my name's Percy, what's yours?" 

She looked a little like Annabeth, and I was determined to treat her like one of my amazing girlfriend's siblings. A void of emptiness opened in my stomach at the thought of her, but I shoved it away. I needed to focus on the present for now. I could feel sorry for us later. 

"The name's Sparrow! I'm really excited to be at Hogwarts!" She told us enthusiastically, not even caring that I had been 

We all gave her huge smiles, then returned to the sorting. A few minutes later a boy joined us. He had a mischievous glint in his periwinkle blue eyes, and his wavy flaming red hair shone in the light. He looked like he would love helping me, Leo, and the Stolls with some pranking. We shouted and cheered for him, Sparrow joining in readily. 

When the sorting was finished, our group of nine had expanded to thirteen. We were by far the smallest house, but probably the loudest and most hearty of them all. We ate on picnic blankets situated at the edge of the room. (For some strange reason no one could magic up a table. Something about asking the Sorting Hat for colors?) 

The red-head's name was Pearce (pronounced —> pierce) and two girls named Janae (ja-nay) and Dayanna (day-ah-na,) also joined our little family. 

We all laughed and talked happily. I wish that Annabeth could be here... she would have loved this. Even though we had just met Sparrow, Pearce, Janae, and Day- as Dayanna told us to call her- they felt like family. Our new friends may have been much younger than me, but they fit right in. Each one of them seemed to have the ablity to be really light-hearted, but at the same time they radiated a power, just like me and my Camp friends do. I suspected that was one of the aspects of our house. 

And while eating dinner, I felt safer than I had in ages.