4~ The "War of Hogs" Express

~Percy~ 

We walked down the rows of compartments, finally finding an empty one near the back. I was surprised at our luck, almost everywhere else was full, and here was an empty compartment all to ourselves. 

Frank and Hazel talked animatedly with Leo, while Calypso and Piper played a game of add-on with a piece of paper from a notebook that Annabeth had shoved into my bag at the last second. Her voice filled my head. It's school, Seaweed Brain. You can never have to much paper. I grinned, and sat next to Clarisse, who was sharpening a spear. 

I made my best stern face at her, pulling a little of my wolf-glare out. "Clarisse. True, we were allowed to bring weapons, but you can't have them out when some random Wizard (or Witch) might walk in at any second." 

She groaned. "Why?" 

I raised an eyebrow at her. 

With a pointed sigh, she tucked the sharpening stick into her pocket and looked around. "Where's my backpack?" 

I pointed over to the corner, where a camo patterned bag was laying. She slid the spear into it, rolling her eyes. Like most of our bags (and Leo's tool belt) she could fit as many items as she wanted in there, as long as it fit through the opening. 

I, personally, had a backpack similar, except it was blue with the green words "Seaweed Brain" stitched onto the back for all to see. It only weighed the average amount of a backpack, and anyone but me would just see some pens, a few gum wrappers, a textbook, and an extra pair of shoes. 

I actually had a full armory in there, (A/N: Guys! It's my dream bag!) along with the stray package of Mom's blue cookies. 

Clarisse went back to sulking moodily, and I looked around, suddenly worried. The Stolls were gone. And so was Leo.

We were all gonna die. 

I looked at Piper frantically. "Where are Leo and the Stolls?!" 

She looked up. "Uh, I don't know... oh shoot." 

Hazel looked around. "I thought he said he was going to the bathroom, but that was over ten minutes ago."

Suddenly a loud bang came from somewhere a few cars up the train. It echoed through the narrow central aisle, impossible not to hear. The whole thing screamed "EXPLOSIVES" Well. Now we know where they are...

I ran out of our compartment, Piper, Calypso, and Hazel on my heels. Clarisse decided to stay in our booth thingy after I told her that she couldn't maim the boys, and Frank had stayed to make sure that she didn't destroy anything out of pure boredom. 

Suddenly, a pig came barreling down the train. Specifically, a hog. I think. Are pigs and hogs different? If they arn't, then why do we have two words? Also, why swine? That doesn't make any sense... I mean, it's fun to insult monsters and powerful beings with that word, but why? And what abou- CURSE YOU ADHD! 

By the time I snapped out of it, I only had a few seconds to avoid the hog barreling toward me. 

I side-stepped into a compartment, avoiding the befuddled gazes of some thirteen year olds. At least, they looked about thirteen. 

As soon as the threat went past me, I jumped back out into the hall, shouting "Olé!" I couldn't help it. 

The pig turned around. With a Leo on its back. A Leo with a pack of skittles in his hand. Where had he gotten the skittles? Then I realized the bag was open. Yep, we were all gonna die. 

A yell came from behind me. "BOMBS AWAY!" I turned around to be hit with a water balloon in the face. The Stolls raced by on thier own swine, grinning manically. 

I grinned, filling with energy. "Oh it is on!" 

I poked my head into the compartment I had taken shelter in a few seconds ago. "For your own safety, it may be best if you stay in here, with the door closed." 

They stared at me, and I shut the door on the way out. A lock clicked. 

With a battle cry, I used a new trick I was practicing, summoning water from the air. I checked to make sure that no civilians were wandering the halls, then let my sphere of liquid swell to the size of a basket-ball. With no mercy, I flung it hard at Leo and the Stolls. It exploded all over them  and their less-than-mighty steeds. 

The pigs dissapeared, and left behind three little squares of pink metal. "Awww, you broke my pigs!" Leo whined. 

I responded by pelting them with a few more balls of water. The boys retaliated, then Clarisse barged over. "I want in!" She yelled, grinning. 

We attacked relentlessly, sending volleys of balloons at each other. Leo just kept supplying more, and we kept going. The girls (minus Clarisse) tried to stop us at first, but joined our war one by one. 

Piper caved first, when Travis hit her in the face with a fat water-balloon, getting some of the cold liquid up her nose. After that, she was a demoness, moving so fast that I could hardly see her arms as she hurled objects at us. Calypso just charged in with a shrug, as if to say 'Why not?' After her futile attempts at making peace, Hazel began chucking the wonderful creations too. Finally Frank came out, getting a splatter to the chest from Conner. He frowned.

"This was my favorite shirt."

It just escalated from there. Any magic folk that dared to emerge from their compartments either retreated or got hit with our projectiles. They crumpled like tissues. Lemme tell you, Demigods throw hard. (And don't worry, LunaStarTheCat, after Rev told me about you fixing the 4th Wall so many times, Leo and I hired a construction crew.) 

Hazel manipulated the mist so that it looked like my powers were just more water toys, so I could go full out. I sent jets of water at my friends, laughing all the way. 

The sides changed so much that I lost track of who I was supposed to be helping. At some points I was with Leo and Travis, at others I was helping Conner and Frank, and sometimes Calypso and I dominated. 

It was the most fun I'd had in weeks. 

Hey guys, I hope you liked it! (1060 words, not counting this!) I had a TON of fun writing this chapter! It was probably my favorite so far! I promise more updates soon, I took forever to update this one, but I actually WROTE it in a single day... 😒. *cough* procrastinator *cough*

Anyway! Thanks for continuing to read my story! Revolution Out!