|Chapter 15| Mitch version 2.0

"Careful Adam, I almost took your head off!"

          Adam clenched his teeth as he quickly brought up another glowing yellow shield just in time to block a lightning fast strike from Herobrine. "This would be a lot easier if you stopped attacking so fast," he said, dropping the shield in an instant and flicking his hand, throwing flames towards his trainer that were almost lazily brushed aside.

          "Your enemies won't move slowly," Herobrine said, nimbly flicking his sword towards Adam's thigh before dancing away. "So you won't be able to fight them and win unless I teach you how to."

          "Except no one moves as fast as you do," Adam shot back, grunting as he brought the shield up and dropped it again. "I don't see why I should."

          "Because we won't be fighting normal people," Herobrine told him, stepping back to signal a pause in their duel. "Because if everything goes to plan, you and I will be taking the brunt of Entity, Dreadlord, and Acid's attacks. And for that, we're going to need to be as fast as possible."

          Adam nodded a bit, giving a sigh as he dropped the halo of magic that had wrapped around his hands. Herobrine motioned to him a little with his sword.

          "You're doing well, pretty quick with those shields. Just make sure that you don't make them too big, it limits your speed in striking back, and make sure you cover your left side more."

          "I can't make them much smaller," Adam said. "Otherwise you'll just change your strike and hit me."

          "Then either wait longer before you create them or make them easier to move in an instant."

          "Of course, why didn't I think of that," Adam mumbled sarcastically. Herobrine heard him of course, but he only grinned and stood side on, sword in an offensive position.

          "Ready for round seven?"

          Adam shook his hands a bit to get some blood back in them and then held them up, fire bursting into life around them, creating a halo of light. Herobrine took a step forward, spinning his sword, and dove to the attack.

          "Hey, you two! Got a minute?"

          The two paused mid-fight, Herobrine's sword resting on Adam's hastily created shield as they looked over to Mitch who was standing a little away, arms crossed over his chest and a mischievous glint in his eyes as per usual.

          "There are these two guys coming up to the front gate," Mitch said once he got their attention. "Don't know who they are but judging from the fact that one looks scarily similar to you, Herobrine, I'm guessing they're your brothers."

          "About time, I was wondering when they'd show up," Herobrine said, sheathing his sword and walking away from the training grounds and towards the gate.

          Mitch grinned at Adam and jerked his head after the man. "You coming or what?"

          Adam shook his head, putting his hands on his knees and sucking in deep breaths. "I need a break for a few minutes, you go ahead."

          Like the good friend he was, Mitch didn't waste another second there and sprinted off after Herobrine. There was a definite stir in the base as the two newcomers entered the gate because while they weren't recognised on sight, the way they held themselves and the similarity between one of them and Herobrine were certainly enough to draw attention. Mitch joined Ian and Ty near the edge of the main street, looking on as Herobrine approached the two men.