Chapter 13

He should've realized that last use of his power during dinner would be the que when the Death Horseman would try and break free, he had felt them appear on his body and around him like a costume one wore on Halloween. And not, with his mind cast adrift in the sea of sleep and unconsciousness, he met his old compatriot that shared his body. The man was similar to his more ethereal form, black robe with hood draped over a pale body and a half skeleton mask was set onto his face while in his hand was the Reaping scythe that Grim would have.

The moment the Death Horseman took his form in Grims mind that he lunged right at Grim. Grim grabbed the figures hands but like most of these, the figure had gathered plenty of strength to try and win this fight for his body and such while this Horseman had the strength and speed as he would have in the normal world, Grim felt like was fighting in molasses 40 leagues under the ocean and its his strength strapped to that of a child. But he fought still against this would-be killer as he knew that the moment his body was in this things control it would be all over for his love and his brothers.

The Horseman laughed, a haunting and creepy laugh as he pushed Grim into the floor and easily began to overpower Grim and get Grim still held onto what he could of his body to ensure that this thing would not take his body.

"Lord give me-" began Grim but the Death Horseman just laughed again and said in a haunting voice, "Your god has no power here in your mind!"

"He has power over every-" began Grim but then the figure tossed him hard through the void as they stood up and looked at him spinning uncontrollably through the nothingness of Grims mind.

"How many times have we done this?" Asked the Horseman as he walked closer. "How many times have you tossed me back? But not this time, I want out! Want to experience the world! I want to ravage it!"

"It's not time yet... our existence on the world is fleeting.... you will have you chance." Croaked Grim as he managed to look at the figure and stop spinning through the void.

"I dunno... fleeting times usually means only a few days... you've been on the Outside world for nearly a month." Said the Horseman. "To me... that sounds like your up to something."

Grim groaned as he managed to anchor himself down and finally stand up in the void as solid "ground" finally was beneath him but he simply said to the Horseman, "That's because our missions are in two separate places and teleporting an army from one place to the other is what I like to call neigh impossible."

"Bah!" Said the Horseman as he blew the whole thing off with a wave. "You only wish to forestall your inevitable time down in Hell."

Partially true, Reaper had to admit, given that he didn't want to leave Shino again and have her wait an untold amount of years for him to return to her for only a few hours. He knew it was hard on her to keep going without him and he knew it was getting harder on him to keep going in the fight without her. But still, he shook his head as he said, "The journey will end in Hell when we take the gates back from the Fallen. It is only a matter of both time and luck that we can end these problems to the Surface before going back."

The Horseman shook his head. "Your a fool to believe that it will happen soon over later."

"And your still as nearsighted as ever." Said Grim.

The Horseman flew at Grim and slammed a fist into Grims gut and Grim was wracked by the pain spreading through his body as the Horseman said, "I think it's time you took a back seat and let me handle the world for a little bit till you know what it's like to be in my position."

But then suddenly a bright flash turned the dark black void white and both Grim and the Horseman glanced around as Grim watched a small portal of light slice itself into existence as a white robes figure walked in.