Signum Vitalis (Revised Reprise)

She dashed into the Scamanders' house, shivering uncontrollably. First, she peeked into the kitchen and found Harry and Ron planning. Both of them had simply rolled out of bed, bedhead and all. "Five minutes," she said in a way of greeting.

Harry nodded. "I've already contacted my Aurors."

She hurried on to the girls' room. As she hastily layered her own clothes, the other women woke up.

"Hermione?" Ginny groaned. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Snakeheads captured a little boy," Hermione said as she pulled on thick socks.

Ginny sat up straight. "What?"

"Draco went ahead. Harry is gathering Aurors. We're leaving in less than five minutes."

At this, both of the women got up from their beds. Ginny dressed even faster than Hermione had. "Why didn't anyone tell me?" Ginny growled.

Luna was more sedate. "Is this boy the Ari we met at the golf course?"

Hermione answered in the affirmative.

"Are you sure it was wise to let Draco go ahead alone? He cares for Ari very deeply."

Hermione grunted as she shoved on her boots. "That's why I'm leaving now. I'm sure Harry will have a second team that you guys can join."

She left for the kitchen, Ginny following closely on her heels.

"The team ready?" Hermione asked the second she saw Harry.

Harry glanced at the clock and then at the two men in the room. "Give us a couple more minutes and we'll have everyone."

Hermione shook her head. "He might have already gone in. I'm going now."

"I'm going with her," Ginny said from behind her.

Harry frowned then sighed, apparently convinced that he wasn't going to change her mind. "Ginny and Ron, go as backup. Hermione, do not engage unless you absolutely need to. We will be coming as soon as we have the rest of our team. None of you do anything stupid, you hear me?" Now he was looking pointedly at Ginny.

Ron hesitated. "Harry, you sure?" he asked, glancing towards Ginny.

Ginny glared.

Harry rubbed his forehead. "Of course I don't want her to go but," -he sighed- "she is right. She is a great duelist. And if I love her I have to let her live her life no matter how much it scares me."

Ginny ran to him and kissed him hard. "Love is scary," she said breathlessly.

After another kiss from which Hermione almost dragged Ginny away from, they were out of the house. It wasn't until they had apparated into Ari's backyard that Hermione realized one of them had to go back. Otherwise, Harry wouldn't know the apparition point.

When Hermione told the others, Ginny refused to return. "It will torture Harry if he has to let me come back here again," she whispered.

Ron sighed. "Fine, I'll go back." He leaned in to kiss Hermione's cheek and rub Ginny's head affectionately. "You girls take care of yourselves." A quick smile and then he was gone.

The women crept up through the snow and darkness to the house. They split up and circled it, holding to the shadows under its tall windows. They didn't find Draco outside but they did find a good spying spot. All three Snakeheads were gathered in one of the larger rooms of the house. One of the Snakeheads was holding Ari, yelling at someone else. A slight shift of angle revealed Draco arguing with the Snakeheads.